Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Interview, the Series archives
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Interview, the Series archives Here's the interviews from the past...

Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
GrayRider

TJ Willy by Red Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post

1. What is your moniker and how did you come about it?
1. Well my Moniker is Blurry Montage. Which is a direct reference to the "vision" I had late one night while learning about the doofs. Late at night, induced by lack of sleep and an abundance of beer. An Indian (feathers, not dots) appeared in front me calling himself "Oil Slick" directing me towards doofdom. More can be read HERE.

Quote:

2. Where did you attend high school? College?
2. I attended High School in the same building I attended Kindergarten. Kingsland Ar. Small town consisting of (at last census) 390 unlucky folks. My graduating class had 34 folks. I attended college in a few places, but graduated from Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, LA. I first studied Pre-Med which led me to Parker College of Chiropractic. I attended there for over a year before getting burned out and wasting a lot of money in the process. Back to Tech for the Computer Information Systems and Analysis degree. I learned to fly while at Tech as well but am still a bit from my PP. I was under part 141 school rules which meant more hours. By part 90 rules, I would have my license.

Quote:

3. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? Why?
3. That is a tough one. I first think Colorado Springs - but I hate the cold. Then I thought San Diego, but I way too poor. I love Arkansas, but no opportunity there. I guess if you kind find a mix of those places, you would probably find me there too. But right now, I am really happy where I am.

Quote:

4. What is your favorite movie? Favorite actor, actress?
4. Favorite Move: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (Costner) for the longest. I could say The Guardian with Costner, (cause I was in that movie - no lie. Extra in a bar scene. I was picked b/c the director saw my Jeep at a function I was invited to. Wanted it in the movie. Cool! I said... That scene did not make the movie, but my ugly mug did... right in the middle of the big screen.

But probably, I would have to go with either Die Hard or Godfather - both first in series.

Favorite Actor: Kevin Costner (really nice guy), Actress: Clair Forlani because I Heart Her and want to have her babies.

Quote:

5. When did you start riding? How did you get interested in bikes?
5. I started on a little dirt bike when I was about 12. It was my friends' bike and I mainly just crashed a lot. We use to like to put on our helmets and ram heads in between refueling. However, I spend most of my childhood on a four-wheeler. Lived in the country with no friends close by, so it was to the woods with me and my quad - blazin trails. At 17 though, I got to ride my Dad's Yami 650 a bit - he was guarded with it. Then my uncle got a Kawi 750 and let me have run of it. My first purchased bike was a 1992 ***** Nighthawk 750. Red.

My Dad had a couple bikes growing up and I he would put me on the tank and put put me around. I think it must just be in the blood. It was awesome when he came to visit me recently and rode my Nightster around. It was a time warp in reverse. I think he had the same smile on his face I had many years ago.

Quote:

6. What was your most memorable experience on or related to a bike?
6. Recently actually. I just bought the EG. It was Saturday. I rode it from Shreveport, LA to Wichita Falls on Sunday then on Monday rode down to College Station Texas for a meeting with TTI on Motorcycle Awareness. Me and a friend are starting a Motorcycle Awareness movement here in the Falls. (Http://www.seemymoto.com) A freakin Monsoon rolled in on us in the wee hours of the morning. BAD RAIN and the sun was not up yet. I was on a new bike at that. We pulled into a truck stop under the refuling canopy and when I put my feet down, they were submerged by so much standing water. We pressed on and the sun finally broke. I'll never forget putting my feet down and them being under water, looking over at my friend, and him laughing so hard it took the frown off my face.

Quote:

7. If you were to build a bike, what would you build?
7. If I could build a bike I would want to build something along the lines of a rat bike. Chopped up and kinda like Kramer from Seinfeld: Disgusting but hard to look away from.

Quote:

8. What do you do for work?
8. I am a Systems Administrator. I work for General Dynamics on loan (contracted to) Lockheed Martin on loan (contracted to) the US Air Force. I work on the F-22 project. I guess that makes me a sub-subcontractor. This arrangement was made by the powers that be to get around the "sole source" contracting agreement with the AF since LHM built the Raptor. That way Lockheed still gets to be the boss of me. The Raptor is fully integrated with Information Systems in place on base (or deployed in the field - totally self contained system in Hardigg computer trunks). We are responsible for all information to and from the aircraft. We are trained Unix System Admins and Oracle DBAs. Fun and interesting job that takes Admins everywhere the Raptor goes. However, in taking this position at Sheppard AFB, I am non-deployable... unless the fit really hits the shan.

ON THE JOB

Quote:

9. If you could choose anything to do for a living, what would that be?
9. Law Enforcement. I was an auxillary Deputy Sheriff in Louisiana and loved it. Made Corporal, got a car, and took my own calls. If my student loans were not through the roof, see #2, I would want to work in Law Enforcement.

That or maybe a gear tester/reviewer for REI.

Quote:

10. How did you happen upon this recalcitrant collection of misfit bikers? (Doof, zINTs, Double Ds, NoVAs)
10. Not sure really. I know it was down the street though. Think I saw a wrench in somone's sig and was like WTF is that about. Several hours/beers later and having read multiple pages of "43 run" photo stories, I was hooked. See #1.

Quote:

11. WHo are your heros in life?
11. Heros... another tough one. Never really had any. As strange as it sounds though, I would have to say my Dad for doing what he thought was best for him when it really seemed bad for me. And my dog Petie. An APBT who has to overcome media hyped stereotypes every time he wants to greet a new person and make a friend. He has a 100% success rate. I wish I could be so forgiving - and that is no joke.

Quote:

12. What is the mos difficult life lesson you've learned?
12. Money should not be the sole source for a career choice. Those Chiropractic school loans are a big heavy cloud over my head. Thankfully I came to my senses before I put in another two years.

Quote:

13. What is the funniest thing that happened to you?
13. Well, funny for y'all, not so much for me... but in college I had this habit of getting drunk sometimes. On the really really fun nights, usually consisting of many many beers I would have a problem finding the bathroom. I probably should not be telling y'all this... but I would get up and wonder around to where I "thought" the bathroom was and take a piss. Happened a couple of times. Sometimes it was the sink. Other times, my backpack.... just depended. I grew out of it I thought until a few years ago, we were at the Honky Tonk. I ended up going home with some chick. In the wee (no pun intended) hours of the morning, I must have had it in my mind that her closet was the bathroom. You can fill in the blanks..... She ended up thinking it was f'n hilarious but I died a little bit when she told me what happened. The really strange thing is I saw her out again one night and she wanted to hook up later... I did not have the courage or pride to close the deal that night.

Quote:

14. Would you wear Scabbys chaps & Guido hat in public?
14. Hell yeah. With pride. The chaps are easy... but the hat, I need to age about 70 years for.

Quote:

15. Describe your ideal bike/road trip.
15. I actually have thought about this before. I recently submitted myself for LA Ink. I want a smallish portrait of Petie mixed with other stuff for a half sleeve. I know that Kat Von Dee is one of the best portrait artists around. I would love to jump on the bike and head west through the Arizona desert, all gear on the bike, camping staying generally as close to nature as possible - like the cowboys on their steeds - and get the tatto. Then ride to Northern Cali checkin' out the BIG trees, back through the mountains makin' my way home. Of course hitting as many 43's as I could and stopping for refreshments with all my Doof and Zint brothern that would have me.

Thanks for the questions. Some of them had me really thinking. It was fun!