Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Dealer (MoCo or Indy) Feedback If they are taking care of you, we want to know. If ya got screwed, we need to know.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Give me my Lays Beaver!

Biker Bry has failed to amuse us
New Dealer for me - Apol's in Raymond, MN

Well, we started off a little shaky. I have a check engine light on and I know it's sucking air. My new local Dealer is about 45 minutes away. I called them and told them I'd rather not drive the bike to them because a lean engine tends to burn pistons. Their response was "we don't tow vehicles". My dealer in Wisconsin (Sauk Prairie HD) would come 26 miles to pick it up for an oil change if I asked them. They picked up my Heritage, and I didn't buy it from them.

Well I called HD and they said "Oh well, Towing isn't covered by the new bike warranty".... WHAT? What the he11? My Cheap Pontiac Vibe that cost about $5,000 LESS than my HD comes with a longer warranty, and they will pay if I run out of gas, need a tire change, or anything needed to get the car fixed. So, OK, well it isn't covered and my new local dealer doesn't provide that service... I'll get over it.

I took it in, and explained what is wrong with it, and it should be covered because the vehicle is still covered by the 2 year warranty. They immediately start the song and dance "well it *might* be covered under warranty, we will have to make that determination." So I told him, if they intend to charge me for 1cent they better call and get permission first, and they need to have an estimate in hand before they do it.

Not a good start, and the service department needs to learn to deal with people. I know the area is full of tightwads that scream warranty, warranty, warranty (even if they wreck their bike), but that is for later *after* they look it over. The dealer needs to give me a good feeling when I dropped the bike off, not start an argument over what is covered and what is not. They can tell me that sh1t later.

Right now I am making a decision on where I will buy another bike and they are not earning any brownie points! We will see...

Last edited by Biker Bry; 04-14-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Give me my Lays Beaver!

Biker Bry has failed to amuse us
OK guys,

They fixed it and I rode it back, no worries. Covered it under warranty, but not without a *slight* struggle. The Service Advisor "Clint" is not very H-D and wasn't sure of his product. Told me my intake and injectors were aftermarket. I pointed out the "H-D stamp on it to him. Hmmmmm

Clint was a nice guy, and I'm sure he was doing his job, but he needs to learn people skills. When I drop off my bike, I don't want to hear how it is not covered by the warranty because of... Even though he hasn't checked and has no clue as to what is wrong with it and what is covered. it would be more appropriate to say "We'll take a look at it and I'll give you a call." End of discussion. If he does his job, he'd call and say "Mr. Bry, your bika has a bad... and I'm sorry, but H-D doesn't cover that", or if covered he should say "Mr. Bry, I'm happy to tell you that the intake is leaking, and we have covered the repair under the factory warranty, no charge to you."