Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Reefin up the Tunes

This should help a little, won the tweeters and then found my ancient '03 head unit won't drive them worth a damn! So had to go out and buy some 5x7's and amp... Thats the way my life works, even when you git somethin free. The hidden 10% sticky eased the pain

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02788.JPG (105.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02786.JPG (109.2 KB, 98 views)
Old 01-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Is that the v2 amp and speakers?

I put the Big Ultra setup on my bike last summer. I still need to find a better ground for the amp though.

Kimber

Old 01-20-2011, 05:36 PM

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Is that the v2 amp and speakers?

I put the Big Ultra setup on my bike last summer. I still need to find a better ground for the amp though.
No they aint Mike,
Amp=HT USA 24.2 amp and the speakers are 572.2AA's. The harness that came with has a positive and negative cable that go right back to the battery, look to be at least 14awg if not 12awg...... and my FLTR amp mounts directly to the fairing main support, thats a pretty good ground in itself.

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02790.JPG (137.4 KB, 93 views)
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My J&M grounds to the frame under the seat. No issues whatsoever.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
My J&M grounds to the frame under the seat. No issues whatsoever.
Yep, I'm going to move my ground to the frame in the frame void under the back of the tank. With it grounded to the battery I'm still getting occasional feedback that at times is very unpleasant.

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 01-20-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I sing really loud inside my full face helmet.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I read somewhere, might have actually been the J&M instructions, that said grounding the amp to the battery was an absolute no-no. On the newer frames, there's an unused threaded hole next to the ECM tray that I used.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Yep, I'm going to move my ground to the frame in the frame void under the back of the tank. With it grounded to the battery I'm still getting occasional feedback that at times is very unpleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I read somewhere, might have actually been the J&M instructions, that said grounding the amp to the battery was an absolute no-no. On the newer frames, there's an unused threaded hole next to the ECM tray that I used.
Screw the instructions, I'm going to a frame grounding post.... nothing worse than feedback/squelch!

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02792.JPG (95.4 KB, 77 views)
Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Original Delinquent

Yeah, thats EXACETLY what mine said.. No worky so well.

Kimber

Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 AM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
I sing really loud inside my full face helmet.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 AM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Yeah, thats EXACETLY what mine said.. No worky so well.
It sounds like a huge swarm of bees.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 AM

Pretty happy with the tunes, the volume is huge and ramped all the way up the speakers are still not distorting - at least not so bad that I can pick it up. Torn whether to put acoustical backing on the outer fairing, I don't want to retain heat from the amp either. The vid doesn't convey the tunes that well but you get an idea, my crappy camera would cut out the sound if I cranked it too much and the outer fairing is still off... but I want to see if I can transfer a vid!

Dirk
CLICK THE PIC
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Was so damn impressed with the improvement in tunes that I ordered their lower fairing glove box speakers also. I assumed they would plug into my unused rear speaker expansion port on the amp - FAIL. The kit is made for Ultras with rear speakers already and the glove box units piggyback off the front round 902's and will not impedence match with my 5x7's and I already have my tweeter piggybacked from my fronts.

One email later and a free custom made harness is on it's way to take advantage of my unused rear speaker port.... Gotta love Canadian companys!
Check out the angle on the speaker mounts - doesn't blast your knees, is angled up nice........

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03047.JPG (105.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03048.JPG (105.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Hopefully, you have some new tunes to listen to on the new stereo.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:54 PM

Why yes, I do happen to have a whole revamped library of tunes for the upcoming season Cheers DaSkip, even treated myself to one of these overpriced - but nice magnetic things.....

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03053.JPG (63.9 KB, 30 views)