Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
Anyone in the North West headed to Colorado or Sturgis can make it a side trip as well.
I think I'll have to pass..... Salida is 1250 miles from Oregon.
Taking this detour would make it 1670.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
I think I'll have to pass..... Salida is 1250 miles from Oregon.
Taking this detour would make it 1670.
Then perhaps Highway 43 in Utah would be right along the way.....

Take I-84 to I-80 to Fort Bridger, Wyoming and then follow road to Flaming Gorge and catch Highway 43 there before going over the Uinta mountains to Vernal, Utah where you can hang a left to Colorado.

There is some incredible scenery on this route and gets you off the Interstate.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
The 43 Ride for me will be approximately 250 miles one way and 2/3rds will be Interstate <puke> so that 250 miles one way will be closer to 350 miles one way to avoid the Interstate.

As soon as it quits snowing I'm on it.
I love riding the interstates in MT. 95mph, hell you would be back by lunch.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I love riding the interstates in MT. 95mph, hell you would be back by lunch.
Boring!

Going fast for short runs is one thing but riding like that all day ain't no fun. Your ears are bleeding from all the noise --- your skin is wind burnt and eyes ache from the wind.....I would rather slow down and ride a pace on a 2 lane road where you can hear some tunes while eye fvkin the gorgeous scenery
Old 08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Boring!

Going fast for short runs is one thing but riding like that all day ain't no fun. Your ears are bleeding from all the noise --- your skin is wind burnt and eyes ache from the wind.....I would rather slow down and ride a pace on a 2 lane road where you can hear some tunes while eye fvkin the gorgeous scenery
Never heard it described quite like that...
Old 08-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Never heard it described quite like that...
That was a favorite saying of my Drill Instructor at MCRD San Diego

"What the hell are you doing magot?

Are you eye fvcking my scenery? "
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My Navy boot camp drill instructor used to say Fvck Me to Tears. For our graduation flag we put:

F.M.T.T.

When anyone asked what it stood for we said "Future Mates Towards Tomorrow".
Old 08-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I still enjoy high rates of speed, for long periods of time.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
LittleBear,

Do you want to sponser a 43 ride to East Texas next weekend? Tonya, Dan and I will go if you want to pull it off, I'm sure. Might even be a few others to meet up with out that way.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Back to the point of the thread, Florida is in need of an alternate. US 301, although designated FL SR-43 is apparently not signed as such.

Closest one to me is the Escambia County 43 Swede found in Alabama. Another is US 43 in Mobile. But for South Fl, there does not seem to be anything within many hundred miles.

Edit: Just stumbled across a CR-43 in Bay County; near Panama City, just east of Tyndall AFB. Still pretty far from the guys in the peninsula.

Edit 2: It's an unsigned, and now apparently closed dirt logging road--no joy here.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bay Cty 43.jpg (67.0 KB, 89 views)
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto

Last edited by TalonChief; 02-13-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Excommunicated

what happened to not our problem? Divine intervention. But then again, I took my pic, when i went out to get milk. But that again comes back to divine intervention.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Back to the point of the thread, Florida is in need of an alternate. US 301, although designated FL SR-43 is apparently not signed as such.

Closest one to me is the Escambia County 43 Swede found in Alabama. Another is US 43 in Mobile. But for South Fl, there does not seem to be anything within many hundred miles.

Edit: Just stumbled across a CR-43 in Bay County; near Panama City, just east of Tyndall AFB. Still pretty far from the guys in the peninsula.

how far is far...?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
how far is far...?
Well Orlando, for instance, is 375 miles from the one in Bay County. Tampa is 395 and Miami would be 600.

If you were talking from me, the farthest would be Mobile at 112 miles.

Here are some additional South GA CR 43s which might be a little closer to some of the central Fl folks.

Now the really doofish part of this is that I used to live right in the middle of that group and I rode 400 miles, both ways, to GA 43.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GA CR 43.jpg (153.7 KB, 80 views)
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto

Last edited by TalonChief; 08-13-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Florida needs its own altenative 43

Being how huge of a state Florida is, there needs to be an alternative 43 designated for it.
I would suggest something around/near Daytona since that is where their big bike rally is, maybe a few hours south of it.
My suggestion would be maybe a highway around Cape Canaveral. How cool would a '43' pic be with the shuttle is being launched in the background?
Just my
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 01-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
How about an alt because it's so darn cold out?

I have markers and paper.

I would even be willing to drive my truck to a sign and steal it to hang in my garage for the picture!
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.