Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Interview, the Series archives
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Interview, the Series archives Here's the interviews from the past...

Old 04-27-2007, 01:46 PM
GrayRider

Boop by GrayRider

Okay, here we go.

1. What was your reply when Dave came home and told you he was a Doof?

Yeah, like that was news. But strangely enough, I remember when he told me. We were in the drive-through at the bank and he was telling me the story of the typo and everyone’s response to it. I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks. If I had only known then what I know now…

2. Where did you meet your husband?

At work. We both got hired by the FAA after the controller strike and started working at Indianapolis Center. When trainees first arrived there, we spent about the first 2 or 3 months “upstairs” in training – nowhere near the control room. Dave was about a year ahead of me in training so he came upstairs each time a new class started - to check out the women. My class consisted of me and 11 guys, so I got him by default. He loves to tell people that the first time he saw me I was bent over a table. It was lust at first sight. We got married 41/2 months after our first date. That was almost 24 years ago.

3. Do you ever think that you’ll want your own motorcycle?

Actually, I had one for awhile. I had a 2003 Sportster for about 6 or 8 months. Due to the very persuasive Mega, I went through the MSF course, passed with flying colors and bought my own bike. To make a long story short, I had the worst luck every time I got on the thing and I really didn’t like it. I finally admitted that it just wasn’t something I felt strongly enough about doing to keep plugging away at it until the fear went away. Dave will tell you that it was just the wrong bike to start out on, the stars weren’t in alignment, etc., but the truth is I just have no desire to ride. I did get my alter ego from the experience though. I still have the Biker Boop decal on my car. And I did keep my motorcycle endorsement on my license – just in case.

4. I understand that you’ve done some missions work, please expound.

I have gone on two short-term mission trips and this summer I’m going on my third – all to Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Our church sends groups there to support missionaries on site. We do a variety of different things from painting to hospital visits to distributing corn (their main food source). I could go on and on about the need for short-term missionaries in various parts of the world and how much I’ve gotten out of going, but I don’t want anyone falling asleep and drooling on their keyboards! Suffice it to say, I believe in the “go” part of the great commission and try to be receptive to where God leads/pushes me to go.

5. How many children do y’all have and do they know that you participate on the Doof Forum?

We have two girls – 17 and 14 years old. They know all about the Doofs (Dooves?) and aren’t surprised in the least that I’m on the forum. I can’t even begin to keep up with their dad – “The two-fingered post whore to the world” to quote Rock, the son we never had.

6. If the kids know, what is their reaction?

Actually, they’re kind of curious. Our younger one would love to get on here and roam around, but we think she’s a little too mature for it.

7. How do your friends differ from Dave’s friends?

Dave has friends? No difference really, except mostly mine are female… and normal. Truthfully, Dave has more friends than I do because he’s so much more out-going than I am. Dave never met a stranger! I am very introverted and fairly shy, so I don’t make friends real easily. I just stick with him and I meet lots of people… and Doofs.

8. Will you stand good for the money I loaned Dave?

Uh, who’s Dave?

9. I’ve been to your house, although I wasn’t permitted entrance, and noticed a Mustang. Are they your favorite vehicles?

I don’t know that I have a favorite vehicle. It changes depending on my mood, the weather, what I’m doing, what year it is… I like my car, but I also love driving Dave’s truck. I love cars the way all of you love motorcycles and the way normal women love jewelry. It started when I was about 18 years old and I had this ancient MGB. That car was off the road more than it was on, but I loved it and have suffered from car lust ever since. I like my vehicles to be at least a little unique and don’t ever see myself driving, oh say… a Buick.

10. The Appalachian Princess thinks I’m hot,..do you concur?

Uh, who’s Dave?