Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_montoya View Post
I just got E3's put on Saturday. When I rode back home...it was such a different feeling. At first it felt like when I pushed to turn it was gonna fall over...then after a bit I realized that it took hardly anything to get it to turn and hug...really like em...put on about 400 miles over the weekend and riden to job sites and work. I likem alot...my mechanic...Peppe...Custom Cycles of Saint Augustine...(plug)...figured as long as I kept the 40PSI I would get 10k out of it.
Just an update to clear up my earlier post. I run 40 pounds in the back and the E3 now has 11,000 on it and still looks pretty good.

I'm much happier with the E3 than any other tire I've had on the Ultra.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 AM
8-Ball

They make a 150 yet... and if not, why not...?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Known Associate

Crazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrazy Larry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Sizes for 08 Ultra.. Comparison fo D402 and E3

D402 Front
Elite 3 Touring Front

SIZE ... .... LOAD/SPEED .... PART# .... RIM SIZE ..... DIAMETER .... WIDTH ... TREAD ... LOAD CAP.

MT90B16* ...... 72H BW ..... 3020-91 ..... 3.00 .......... 25.30..... ..... 5.20 ..... 5/32 ..... 783 @ 40
MT90B16 ..... .. 72H BW ..... 4079-90 ..... 3.00 .......... 25.00..... ..... 5.24 ..... 6/32 ..... 770 @ 40

D402 Rear
Elite 3 Touring Rear

SIZE ........ LOAD/SPEED .... PART# .... RIM SIZE ... DIAMETER... WIDTH.... TREAD .... LOAD CAP......

MU85B16 ......77H BW ..... 3017-23 ..... 3.00 3.50 .... 25.71 ..... 5.51 ..... 11/32 ..... 908 @ 40
MU90B16 ...... 78H BW ..... 4079-95 ..... 3.00 .... ..... 25.72 ..... 5.57 ..... 11/32 ..... 930 @ 40
Old 05-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The best place to acquire a set of Elite 3's?

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
The best place to acquire a set of Elite 3's?
Bags:

Best price I have found:

http://www.familypowersports.com/

Also note at the bottom of this page:
http://www.familypowersports.com/service.asp

Quote:
Free Tire Installation

For a limited time, FREE tire installation now at Family PowerSports McKinney,and Weatherford locations! This offer is valid with purchase of any tire at Family PowerSports. This includes any street, dirt, or ATV tire. Come in or call now for this great offer!
Lubbock does free install once in a while>

Are these close to you?

Edit: If they don't have them (size you need) they will order them --- takes about three days to get them>
Old 05-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I am right smack dab in the middle between these 2 dealerships.
45 miles to each one.
Thank you so much for the info.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:30 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
I am right smack dab in the middle between these 2 dealerships.
45 miles to each one.
Thank you so much for the info.
Glad to help a brother out>

Call quick because the free mounting deal comes and goes---I missed it the last round in Lubbock and had to pay $148 for mounting and balancing>

The tires were less than $100 each so if you get the free install you can get out for a couple hundred bucks for a set. The HD shop quoted me almost that much for each tire plus $150+ for mounting and balancing>
Old 05-17-2008, 06:36 PM
pairofnines

Bags:

Remember E 3's only come in black wall--don't say to much cause you know Rock will get pissy about no Wide White Walls>

You are gonna love how they handle>

and not cleaning white walls will give you extra riding time>
Old 05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Hand Wringer

I hate whitewalls.
Look like hobo teeth after a few miles.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Hand Wringer

Their website shows the price around $160 each.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:42 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
I hate whitewalls.
Look like hobo teeth after a few miles.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:26 PM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Sheit...was doing pre-ES tire pressure and checkin' stuff this mornin'...

Hmmm...I was a little surpized to see that the most I've got on the front tire is 3mm...

Now...don't ruin my day and say I need front tire before ES?.... (2,200 miles round trip from Denver to ES and back)

The rear tire is Okay...5mm left there

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Their website shows the price around $160 each.
http://www.familypowersports.com/cus...=mckinney_info

Quote:
ASK ABOUT OUR BEST TIRE PRICE GUARANTEE
PLUS FREE TIRE INSTALLATION
Invoice from 5/16/08 at Lubbock store>

Elite 3 MT90B16 rear------------------89.99

Elite 3 MT90B16 FRT------------------84.99

You will use a MU on the rear so it should/may be about $10 higher>

I think the $160 is list retail because that is what the HD dealer quoted me last week>

Good luck

Last edited by pairofnines; 05-17-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:42 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Sheit...was doing pre-ES tire pressure and checkin' stuff this mornin'...

Hmmm...I was a little surpized to see that the most I've got on the front tire is 3mm...

Now...don't ruin my day and say I need front tire before ES?.... (2,200 miles round trip from Denver to ES and back)

The rear tire is Okay...5mm left there

Who among this group would ruin your day?

I will refrain from saying anything>

Sometimes saying nothing says it all>
Old 05-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Doof Clenas Member

kiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Hey bags are you going to check on the E3s because as you know I need a set and that price sounds worth the trip to me.