Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Northeast
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Northeast Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Old 02-13-2007, 03:50 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Keeper has failed to amuse us
New York riders check in

Came from the Ulster/Sullivan/Orange County area. Small town of Pine Bush where all three counties meet.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
About 20 miles south of you....Middletown now....didn't grow up here though. I grew up in rockland county.....
Old 02-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCHOP View Post
About 20 miles south of you....Middletown now....didn't grow up here though. I grew up in rockland county.....
Hey, Welcome. I saw your avator info and put this here for you. I think you are the first actual New Yorker. Great to have u onboard with us.

When I was in grammar school we lived in Tappan, which is in Orangetown, Rockland County. Did'nt move upstate till later on. Your only an hour and a half away.........
Old 02-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Welcome NY! Sure are some nice places to ride up your way... of course ya need a snowmobile for now... same as here.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
LTRoadglide

Checking in....

Joe from Long Island here. I spend alot of time up in the Ellenville/Rondout Res. area where I hunt in the fall and winter.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRoadglide View Post
Joe from Long Island here. I spend alot of time up in the Ellenville/Rondout Res. area where I hunt in the fall and winter.

WoW.....what a small world its gettin to be. U must know where good ole "Happy Nappy" is in Napanoch! The maxie joint?
yep, the mountains and valleys out here are great game lands. Most are posted one way or another. I stick to my land and a few buddies places. It's the safest way anymore.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:08 PM
LTRoadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle View Post
WoW.....what a small world its gettin to be. U must know where good ole "Happy Nappy" is in Napanoch! The maxie joint?
yep, the mountains and valleys out here are great game lands. Most are posted one way or another. I stick to my land and a few buddies places. It's the safest way anymore.
Sorry, don't know what Happy Nappy is. Is it a saloon??? I know of JJ's on 209 in Kerhonkson. Not too many other bars up there.

Not having my own land, I'm forced to hunt public land. A few years ago, I got my New York City DEP permit which allows me access to the NYC watershed areas. Hardly any hunters - it's as close to owning your own land as you can get.

Last edited by LTRoadglide; 02-13-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: I hate it when I misspell crap.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
Sorry, don't know what Happy Nappy is. Is it a saloon??? I know of JJ's on 209 in Kerhonkson. Not too many other bars up there.

Not having my own land, I'm forced to hunt public land. A few years ago, I got my New York City DEP permit which allows me access to the NYC watershed areas. Hardly any hunters - it's as close to owning your own land as you can get.
R U hunting the Shawangunk Mountains? Lots of rattlers..........

Happy Nappy is the Eastern Correctional. The max prison , right on 209.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 PM
LTRoadglide

Quote:
R U hunting the Shawangunk Mountains? Lots of rattlers..........

Happy Nappy is the Eastern Correctional. The max prison , right on 209.
Ok, sure I know where the prison is. (I try to stay away from max. corr. facilities). Too bad about Schrade going out of business (well, bought out and gone from Ellenville) - altho I here a Walmart is going up on 209 in that area where the flea market is.

I usually hunt the north side of Rondout Res (up Yaeger and Sholam Roads), the south side up Spookhill road, as well as east of Ellenville up route (55 or 52?), past where they do the hang gliding, on the way to Walker Valley. Cox Road is the place where I park.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
as well as east of Ellenville up route (55 or 52?), past where they do the hang gliding, on the way to Walker Valley. Cox Road is the place where I park.
We sure have walked some of the same land thats for sure.......my house was down the otherside, below Ice Caves Mt., outside Walker Valley toward Pine Bush. Those hills are great.
We left the area not much longer after Channel Master left, it was rumored way back then that Shrade was taking off. Them leaving killed that little country town. Nothing left to raise a family on other than corrections and farming.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
LTRoadglide

Quote:
We sure have walked some of the same land thats for sure.......my house was down the otherside, below Ice Caves Mt., outside Walker Valley toward Pine Bush. Those hills are great.
We left the area not much longer after Channel Master left, it was rumored way back then that Shrade was taking off. Them leaving killed that little country town. Nothing left to raise a family on other than corrections and farming.
I know exactly. Cragsmore too. Pine Bush and Walker Valley sure are nice little towns. Like you said, shame about the industry - that's why there is such a local debate about Walmart. Good -bad - jobs -no jobs, etc.
I'll shoot you an email if I come up in the summer with the scoot - or maybe better yet use this forum for other NY guys to get together. I'd like to ride that road (RT 42? between Sundown and Asokan Res?) I usually stay in the Village Motel in Ellenville, and eat at the 209 Diner. If you still hunt, we could walk a few miles this fall.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:32 PM
DOUBLE XL DOOF

THEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse us
Welcome all you New Yorkers from next door. We all outa meet at Marcus dairy sometime. Its not far from the state line and you Long Islanders could take the ferry and ride up from Bridgeport.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Known Associate

Hey Bear, i am at the dairy a lot...Keep us informed if you are heading up that way.

Hey Angle...I probably know you as grew up in tappan/orangeburg/blauvelt and have lived there until last year when i moved up to this place. for any guys wondering why i think i know him. These towns are real small any you really cant fart and get away with it....
Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Known Associate

P 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hey, we could meet on the hudson some time?

] G A Z I N T A S Doofspicible............

CT-7, MA-7, NY-7, CT-43, MA-43, NY-43
Old 02-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Known Associate

Ever go to Gully's? Bar on the boat in Newbugh? I frequent that place in the summer time....