Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
You're close enough to Otto to do it right, cheap-ass
Its 60 degrees in my house, and I ate wild game for supper. Times are tough in the old Berserker household.

I even resorted to drinking my beer from 30 packs
Old 04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Spit it out it ain't yers

KICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suckKICKER can happily embrace the suck
Damn! I wish I would have read this thread before I switched over today.
F
F
B
Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Dooficial Inquisitor

BigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suckBigTed can happily embrace the suck
SERT over here was a complete rip of. My boy and two of his pals saved up for a sert. Asked ALL the questions especially about it being used on different bikes. They paid for it plus VAT and had it sent.
Only after breaking the seal do the instructions tell you that it is one machine dependant. They has queried this and were told it could be used on several machines.
After purchase HD did not want to know them and it has sat in its box ever since as the pals value their friendship more than the sert as to who should use it. There is supposed to a way round it but they have never found it. If anyone knows otherwise I can give full details of unit as it sits on my desk.

Order of the Sacred (purple) Boa and Elite (yellow) Banana Guard

Old 05-04-2008, 11:57 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTed View Post
SERT over here was a complete rip of. My boy and two of his pals saved up for a sert. Asked ALL the questions especially about it being used on different bikes. They paid for it plus VAT and had it sent.
Only after breaking the seal do the instructions tell you that it is one machine dependant. They has queried this and were told it could be used on several machines.
After purchase HD did not want to know them and it has sat in its box ever since as the pals value their friendship more than the sert as to who should use it. There is supposed to a way round it but they have never found it. If anyone knows otherwise I can give full details of unit as it sits on my desk.
This is a good reason to use a credit card for all purchases. All you have to do is claim that the item was misrepresented to you and ask for a chargeback. They will direct you to return the item with a signature required. You will get your money back.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Hangaround

Steve Cole has failed to amuse us
The new product from TTS is now in final production and should be released pretty soon. We have found most of the issues that people told us about and made changes and most of the improvements we've wanted to do for quite awhile. If you have any questions ask and I can try to answer them for you. The new software and interface product are split into three parts. Mastertune, DataMaster and V-tune. Mastertune replaces the Tuning mode product, DataMaster replaces Data Mode and V-tune is a new product from TTS that we include. V-tune is an auto tuning feature to be used on O2 equipped bikes only. The software is all on-line updateable so no more needing to buy new software as we release improvements or fixes.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Good news. Thanks Steve. Where do I sign up?

...and Welcome.

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cole View Post
The new product from TTS is now in final production and should be released pretty soon. We have found most of the issues that people told us about and made changes and most of the improvements we've wanted to do for quite awhile. If you have any questions ask and I can try to answer them for you. The new software and interface product are split into three parts. Mastertune, DataMaster and V-tune. Mastertune replaces the Tuning mode product, DataMaster replaces Data Mode and V-tune is a new product from TTS that we include. V-tune is an auto tuning feature to be used on O2 equipped bikes only. The software is all on-line updateable so no more needing to buy new software as we release improvements or fixes.
Steve,

Glad to see that this will be available soon. I've asked this before, will an existing SERT interface and cables work with your new software? And can you just purchase the software?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Warren,

Saw this down the street...clicky...

In reading some other posts, looks like cables will work.

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-10-2008, 08:11 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Welcome, Steve!!!
Will the new unit give us enough access that we can decide for ourselves if we want the injectors to shut down and the timing to drop back to 25 degrees advance during decel?
I hated having to pick base maps based on crap like that...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Natural born delinquent

AND, will it allow you to alter the VSS setup?

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
SELF-TUNE! I will buy it based on that alone.

How long is pretty soon?

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Hangaround

Steve Cole has failed to amuse us
We hope to begin shipping in the next couple weeks. I do not know the part numbers yet but I can give you the prices of the 2 Software Kits. I should have the cable kit prices next week.

Single Bike kit with no cables is $425.00

Dual Bike kit with no cables is $625.00

The packaging of the kits is due to begin here late next week, beginning of the following week. The office will start taking orders next Wednesday for those who would like to place an order.

What you get in the kit is the software CD and the interface. The kit uses the same cables as the original SERT used. There are 4 programs on the CD. MasterTune which is the tuning program. DataMaster which is your data logging software. V-Tune which is used for Closed loop engine Auto tuning and the TTS Updater which is used to keep all your programs up to date via the internet. The software does not include any base maps but when you run the update software it will allow you to get all the FREE maps we have on file. The software will work with all current .MT6 files that are out floating around and the new .MT7 files that have all the new added features.

2008 DBW bike .MT7 maps has the following features

Air Fuel Ratio
VE Front Cyl
VE Rear Cyl
PE Air Fuel Ratio
Warmup Enrichment
Cranking Fuel
Closed Loop Bias
Accel Enrichment
Decel Enleanment
Spark Advance Front Cyl
Spark Advance Rear Cyl
PE Spark
Spark Temperature Control
Closed Throttle Spark
Adaptive Knock Retard
Idle RPM
IAC Warmup Steps
IAC Crank to Run
Throttle Blade Control
Engine Displacement
Injector Size
Max Knock Retard
Knock Control Enable/Disable
EITMS Off/On
Rev Limit
Speedo Adjustment

AS far as old SERT interfaces they will not work with the new software but we are going to offer an update service but the interface will remain locked to the bike it has been used on. So if you have an old interface but no longer have that bike it's not going to work.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Steve, thanks for the info. Another question: In the SERT if you change the AFR to anything but 14.6 it goes into open loop. Is that in the software or is that embedded into the ECM? In other words, is it still the same in the TTS product?

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Technical Member

HDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
Steve, thanks for the info. Another question: In the SERT if you change the AFR to anything but 14.6 it goes into open loop. Is that in the software or is that embedded into the ECM? In other words, is it still the same in the TTS product?

If the bike in question is a 06 Dyna and all 07~08 model 14.6 is in closed loop and anything other that 14.6 will be in open loop. This is the is the same in the new TTS unit as well.

Last edited by HDMD 88; 07-12-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
OK, gonna display my iggorance here. I thought one of the big complaints with the old SERT was the cables......the fact that they did not have USB availability. If the cables on the new TTS are the same, doesn't that problem still exist?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me