Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
~My next Harley wont be a Harley...

from the same ole stupied stealership!.............

They told me today that I was going to melt the top-in of MY 2008 motor because i have not did the "air filter and put it on the DYNO for 8 hours @
$85.oo an hour"......Just because the parts guy found out today i was running Slip-on Reinharts~

UnChained was there and heard me being told this!

(my bike will be out of warrenty in a year and ahalf and i will trade the mother in)

I don't know how long it will take to "melt down" the motor but my 2004 LowRider has had the baffels cut out the mufflers from almost day one and the motor aint even warping.......

~~~DYNO, Dyno, dyno..............F.T.D.~~~

®
Old 08-16-2008, 07:10 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
DFWTD

Old 08-16-2008, 07:23 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Most dealers are just dumbasses.

But, if you have slip-ons, it is a good idea to open up the air cleaner and get a SERT, Power Commander, or some other tuning device. The bike is already lean as hell and free flow mufflers will make it worse. Too bad you're not near Greenville, SC. Doc, the dyno guy there, tunes bikes for $300, no matter how long it's on the dyno. He put 400 miles on my bike in 12 hours of dyno tuning.
i thought doc was in orlando.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
The Parts Guy...he probly should be Service Mgr. with his vast knowledge...

I can see him now...telling ya, "i told ya so"...in a few weeks, when yer top-end is just a puddle of molten aluminum & steel...

He probly does the Dyno Tuning, too...

jus' sayin'...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 08-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
The Doc is.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
i thought doc was in orlando.
the other Doc...there's two of them, ya know...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 08-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
A 2008 has oxygen sensors so the EFI should compensate for the slip-ons and enrich the mixture if needed. Thats what the dealer told me. If you go the stage-1 breather mod then you have to get a Power Commander and dyno it.

I don't know from personal experience, it's just what they told me.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM
NOLAMan

If you ever see my bike sitting in the service bay of my local Dealership, just shoot it and put it out if it's misery!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
if the bikes are any thing like cars it can only do so much but it possibly would help from melt down . i find it hard to believe that it would cause that kind of damage . does it ping ,does it loose power does it run rough .MORE THAN NORMAL. TAKE IT ON A FIVE MILE RUN PULL TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THEN PULL A PLUG AND LOOK AT IT .IT SHOULD BE A LIGHT TO MEDIUM TAN COLOR IF ITS WHITE ITS TO LEAN IF ITS BLACK ITS TO RICH .LOOK FOR THE TAN COLORING

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ditto what BigMike said. If you put more free flow pipes on your bike, you need to get the air filter and controller to support it. Otherwise, it will run extremely lean and be even hotter than stock. I'm going to be putting a Vance & Hines FuelPak, K&N filter and Vance & Hines Oval Slip-Ons on my 2008 in the next couple of weeks.

If you get the FuelPak, you can even enter in your engine configuration and pipes on their website and it will give you the right mapping for your bike. It's a straight plug in to the ECM and doesn't require a computer to program. Like others have said, you can find a lot better deal on the dyno. Sounds like the dyno business is owned by his brother in law or something

Old 08-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
...I'm lovin' my '02 Dyna w/carb that I don't have to dyno...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 08-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Woody218

I would coat my testicles with lighter fluid and ignite it before I let the apes at a stealer touch my bike!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
I would coat my testicles with lighter fluid and ignite it before I let the apes at a stealer touch my bike!
Damn Woody that brought back memories of the honeymoon from my 1st marriage...........
Old 08-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsRK View Post
Damn Woody that brought back memories of the honeymoon from my 1st marriage...........
...I would think it would remind you more of the divorce proceedings...
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 08-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I ran my '08 with just slip ons for the first couple thousand miles, and it was just fine. There is more adjustment in the '08 ECM than previous years. The O2 sensors will compensate. Unless you want a free flow air cleaner also, run it and forget about it. If you want the air cleaner, you could probably get by also, unless you do mostly around town riding.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?