Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Rear turn signal conversion kit

I want to convert the rear turn signals to brake lights as well. Of course, with the 04 RK Custom the standard touring kit doesn't work. I was thinking of going with this kit. Not sure it will work on the FLHRSI. I can't get red bullet lens elsewhere if I need to. Jut looking for the right module at the right price.

Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...item2560811aef
Old 01-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Never had one from them, but Kury makes one that looks like it will work.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/868...ake-Controller

Greg
Old 01-22-2011, 05:27 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
The lights are too close together for DOT requirements. It will work, it just doesn't work to the letter of the law. If you hook it up with a flasher on the running lights(when the brake signal is applied), you can leave the amber lenses in. This will make them emergency flashers every time the brake is applied(as well as the main red one). This gets their attention and I have been told it is legal. Amber lights to the rear have to blink, they can't stay on.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have 2 of the kuryakyn units. One in the Phattboy,
and one in the barge.

The one in the barge might be coming out this spring...
I have plans.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Kurykins it is! Is it a PITA to install?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Would it be legal if I replaced the amber lenses (turn signals) with red?

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
The lights are too close together for DOT requirements. It will work, it just doesn't work to the letter of the law. If you hook it up with a flasher on the running lights(when the brake signal is applied), you can leave the amber lenses in. This will make them emergency flashers every time the brake is applied(as well as the main red one). This gets their attention and I have been told it is legal. Amber lights to the rear have to blink, they can't stay on.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Something to consider...

I'm assuming your goal is to make the bike more visible from the rear. Adding a R/B/T module is a great way to do that, however I'd strongly suggest swapping the turn lenses to red at the same time. People are stupid, and seeing two steady amber lights will just confuse them.

It's more money, but consider swapping the bulbs for LEDs. They're much brighter, and you'll never have to worry about having a bulb out.

If not, the H-D kit works just fine.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN View Post
Would it be legal if I replaced the amber lenses (turn signals) with red?
I believe you have to in order to stay legal. Also, I'm not sure what Paul means by "too close together to be legal", but if the 2010 Street Glides could get away with no brake light other than the turns that are 6 inches apart, you won't have an issue with your bike.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:24 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
The only tail light I had for the longest time was on the license plate holder low on the left side. The folks I ride with complained and then finally just gave up and bought the conversion kit for my birthday. It was and HD plug and play kit and it included the red lenses. They are much happier now. :Tonya;

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 01-22-2011, 06:56 PM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
I had the Kury one on my 02 RK,after it was totaled ,I took it off and put it on the 07 RK

Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Check out Custom Dynamics for LED conversions, run, brake, turn modules and other lighting needs. Don't use the Kuryakyn load equalizer if you put in LED bulbs in the turn signals, the module will fry if you use the 4 way flashers on your bike

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
Check out Custom Dynamics for LED conversions, run, brake, turn modules and other lighting needs. Don't use the Kuryakyn load equalizer if you put in LED bulbs in the turn signals, the module will fry if you use the 4 way flashers on your bike
I'm using their R/B/T-load equalizer combo and their LED turns. I'm quite happy with them.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Bud, I had the HD unit on my Sporty and put one on the Deluxe as well. It converts the turns to Running/Turn/Brake all in one and includes the red lenses which are required to make the system DOT compliant. While the distance between the lights was an issue on some bikes (like the Deluxe) at one time, that was changed and they are now an accceptable DOT change as well. The unit is a really simple 'plug & play' and can be installed in a matter of minutes.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Thanks Scabby! I stopped at Century HD in Medina, OH after a swap meet in Canton and picked up the HD unit with the red lenses (bullet).
I'm starting the tear down of the motor next saturday with my buddy to do the 88 to 95 upgrade. I'll be adding this when I put her back together.

Wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Bud, I had the HD unit on my Sporty and put one on the Deluxe as well. It converts the turns to Running/Turn/Brake all in one and includes the red lenses which are required to make the system DOT compliant. While the distance between the lights was an issue on some bikes (like the Deluxe) at one time, that was changed and they are now an accceptable DOT change as well. The unit is a really simple 'plug & play' and can be installed in a matter of minutes.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:57 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm trying to turn my brake lights into turn signals.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[