Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MoCo
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MoCo The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
Editor of HOG writes

quote:

"Harley Davidson actually sells more motorcycles in the US to people under the age of 35 than any other motorcycle company."

"the percentage of young adults aged 18-34 riding motorcycles has been rising."

"the price of a brand new Harley Davidson might be out of reach for some of them. "From 2006 we (HD dealers) sold approximately 200,000 used Harleys in the US to this generation of customers, and the number is increasing.

"94 percent of them will buy another Harley."

"the next highest brand they might consider only appeals to 15 percent of them"

I have 2 sons in this age group who both own Harleys, and I see a lot of younger riders on them, just surprised at how high the numbers reportedly are. I've read on the boards how the owners are all old, and that once they're gone the moco will pass into history along with them.

Good news for you stock holders!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM
gAZINTAs

J's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suckJ's 02 can happily embrace the suck
While I bought mine from an individual, I fall into that category.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
So to draw the crowd of older people Harley is making all the new bikes look fckn old?!!

®
Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Parks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sock
I wish (almost) I had bought stock with my downpayment instead of the bike. I bought in 2009 and stock was around $6...you know where it is today. That'd been almost 500 shares of stock with 800% increase. :headslap:

I read that article last night too.

Time to Nut up, or Shut up. -Tallahassee
Old 02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Parks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sock
I see a lot of young guys riding homebuilts now too. I have a guy coming to the house to look at flashing...he just built a basket case '49 with custom copper oil tank and other baubles. Neat guy.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I was young (27) when I bought my GW.

I was old when I bought my FLHTP.

I'm older today.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I don't want to talk about old guys on Harleys.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
I was young (27) when I bought my GW.

I was old when I bought my FLHTP.

I'm older today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero No Mas View Post
I don't want to talk about old guys on Harleys.
most of us here couldn't get carded on the darkest night of the year with Stevie Wonder working the door.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:53 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
wow I fell in the far end of that spectrum, I was 33 when I bought my first harley, before that it was Cushman, but for the same reason... the cost of a harley was out of my reach when I was 23.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Bought my first when I was 30 and my second when I was 33. Who knows when or if I'll buy my third

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Doof Clenas Member

I think the cost issue is greatly exaggerated. My 1st...a SUZ GSX...was 5 grand. You could buy a sportster for 7 grand. Granted it isn't one of the heavyweights, but it is a fun bike and American made for those who may think that matters. Start getting into softtails and you are quickly around 14-15....so maybe that is the issue?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:21 AM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
my next will be a geezer glide, but I need to get back BT's mustang gt first. She's still pissed that I got my bike back and she hasn't got her car back yet...

this was her baby... before we had the 3 that fight with each other 24/7.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Doof Clenas Member

What if you gave her the Rocker and bought a Geezer. EVERYBODY knows that Motorcycles are way more fun that convertibles.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
I think the cost issue is greatly exaggerated. My 1st...a SUZ GSX...was 5 grand. You could buy a sportster for 7 grand. Granted it isn't one of the heavyweights, but it is a fun bike and American made for those who may think that matters. Start getting into softtails and you are quickly around 14-15....so maybe that is the issue?

The H0nda Shadow that looks like an 883 sportster is the same price as an 883 Sportster. Not sure how well it sells compared to the 883.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolkum View Post
my next will be a geezer glide, but I need to get back BT's mustang gt first. She's still pissed that I got my bike back and she hasn't got her car back yet...

this was her baby... before we had the 3 that fight with each other 24/7.

My Dad gave up his Bugeye Sprite for a VW Bus when I came along in 1964. He finally replaced it with a Miata in 2000.

I was a HS student when the FXR came out in '82 and I wanted one then. I was 43 when I finally could afford it.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
What if you gave her the Rocker and bought a Geezer. EVERYBODY knows that Motorcycles are way more fun that convertibles.
ah, that ship has sailed. I've tried to talk her into riding her own, but she won't have it. so I'll have to get the car back.

Have to say I do miss driving that thing. First car I had ever owned with that kind of power. You could be rolling at 55 mph punch it and spin the tires. Hell of a lot of fun, but that shot of it in the snow was the first and only time it was was out in that weather. That was the day we traded it in. Thing had so much torque it barely could make it up the driveway with that little bit of snow on the ground.