Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Hog Tunes - Big Ultra kit & HF1 tweeter pod

Yesterday I installed the Big Ultra kit and the HF-1 tweeter pod on my bike. I can sum it up in one word.

W O W

With the stock system, I usually turned it off above 65 mph because we couldn't hear it very well with the volume all the way up.

Now at 75-80 I can actually hear the music good at 50%, loud at 75% and too loud at 100%.

Installation was completely plug-n-play as advertised with one exception. I added some wire insulation over the rear speaker splice connection in the rear speaker pods. All the other splice connections had protective plastic coverings over the male/female connectors.

I may not have needed the tweeter pod, but for the extra 139.00, I couldn't resist.

Oh, and before you ask, I did NOT take any pictures.. It's simple and straight forward.

My boss and I were riding home from a training session this morning and he was impressed. He want's it now.

Kimber

Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
WooHoo!!!

®
Old 07-07-2010, 04:02 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
i bought speakers and the tweeterpod back when it 1st came out...theyre out in one of the garages...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm looking at doing the tweeter pod and the J&M speakers. Same as yours, I can't hear the thing at highway speeds.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just do the Tweeter Pod first and see if that doesn't do the trick. All the stuff on the bars is prolly blocking a lot of the sound. The Tweeter Pod will get it up in your face where it belongs.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
I did the J&M 7.25 speakers and the speaker pod. Much better over stock. No amp.....yet.....

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Any way to use ear buds?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I'm looking at doing the tweeter pod and the J&M speakers. Same as yours, I can't hear the thing at highway speeds.
Are the J&M the same ohm rating as the tweeter pod?

I'm liking it and with the lack of an amp and rear speakers with the J&M stuff, I decided to go with the plug N play of the HT gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Any way to use ear buds?
Yes, just turn it up louder.

Kimber

Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hog Tunes all the way for me. E-Bay........
I'm pleased.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have Hog Tunes speakers and amp--no tweeter pod. Sonic says it's loud.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Hand Wringer

Tweeter Pods get it done. I can't believe the difference.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Mike, AFAIK, everything is 2 Ohm.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Hand Wringer

Had a guy try to sell me an Alpine system. Amped to 400 watts and a radio with CB and Pandora built in. 1200 bucks installed. No thanks.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Had a guy try to sell me an Alpine system. Amped to 400 watts and a radio with CB and Pandora built in. 1200 bucks installed. No thanks.
400 watts?

I'm thinking the HT 4 x 40 amp is plenty. At one point today I had the volume up quite a bit and couldn't hear the Rineharts.

Kimber

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Hand Wringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
400 watts?

I'm thinking the HT 4 x 40 amp is plenty. At one point today I had the volume up quite a bit and couldn't hear the Rineharts.
I think that's what he said. It was a monster I know that.
I went snake-eyed when he said 1200 smackers.

*Sensitive at all times.