Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Random Electricity question?

Wondering if a deep cycle battery can drive a power inverter to supply power to a battery tender.

Enough for the hour or less my bike requires to go to green when the tender is hooked up.

Guess I'll have to read on the tender on what the input power requirements are.

After 1200 I'll be able to get near to it when the troll is off the property so I don't drive them more nuts, because I am removing my crap from the garage.

Then bring the deep cycle to the house to top it off.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
I should ask more questions, like why, but that's your business. I don't know why you couldn't so long as your inverter can transfer the amount of energy needed for the maintainer. you will still have to recharge the deep cycle battery with something stronger than the battery maintainer produces, as the deep cycle still has a threshhold of storage.
My scoot can sit for weeks and still start. I have a maintainer and a small 2 amp charger, but have never hooked it up. Never needed it

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 08-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Lost garage, bike in storage, can move deep cycle battery to house for recharging, take back to storage to tender charge bike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Something feels wrong about that but the more I think about it, the more willing I am to believe it is possible. Foe how long would be the obvious question.

It's obviously the long way around going from AC to DC to AC to DC. Amperage is going to be the issue rather than wattage.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
It'll work in a pinch. It'd be cool if you could arrange a timer to ease the burden of an expedient return to the storage facility. Their will still be a static drain on the battery as long as the inverter is still on thus potentially taking your deep cell way down.

bob

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 08-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

My tenders usually go to green within a half hour or less, when I hook it up to the bike.

Here is where I'm at, blue dot, the bike is less than 200 yards away. I can and do walk to check it out, so not a problem to hook up for an hour or so and then disconnect the whole shebang.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.2582...1,18.28z?hl=en

Best I can tell is that the tender draws less than a half amp, from the deltran site, so it will need 80 - 100 watts to run it.

Maybe I could get a maintainer solar panel to lay on the roof just above the door to the unit to tickle the battery up.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 08-17-2018, 01:29 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: A couple of Mega's...
HiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suckHiTekRedneck can happily embrace the suck
Harbor freight sells a 12v solar panel that puts out about half an amp. Not sure if it discharges overnight though...