Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Southeast
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Florida Expertise Needed.....

What is the best time of year to make the run to Key West? Never thought I'd get the chance but the points on my plastic from the travelling I have to do is pretty crazy..... We can do everything but the bike rental for free
How is the weather as a whole for that stretch of the world? Is it a crap shoot with storms and such?? Seems like the Cards Sound Road could be pretty interesting......

TIA,
Dirk
Old 05-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
The speed limit in the keys is 45 mph...it's a 5 hour trip from Miami to Key West. I've been to Key West several times. There just ain't a whole lot to do there. I much prefer the beautiful beaches of Ft Lauderdale and Hollywood.

Sent from my atomic powered HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
One day I hope to have a picture of me at the southern most point in the U.S. No time like the present if you can make it. I believe can can happen at any moment.

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 05-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
Just got back! Great weather! Hemingway house,southern most marker( get there early or wait in line for photo ) start and end sign for hwy 1!
Mallory pier for the sunset,Hogs Breath for drinks!
Alligator alley coming out through nipples(Naples)!
Gulf beaches Warercolors,Seaside! Destin etc ! Great time to go !
Old 05-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The dead of summer will be extremely humid. October is Love Bug month. Flying insects that are joined at the hoo-hoo's in flight. (Talk about coitis interuptis!) What Griff says about attractions. The US 1 is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (pant pant gasp gasp)ooooooooooooooooooooooong ass road. No where to pass the pokie's until you come to the rare two lane stretches.

Now, having said that, it's definitely worth the trip! Head out of Miami, through Florida City and you're on your way. Stop at Holiday Marina on Isla Mirada. Have a rum runner on the dock overlooking the flats. Simply breath taking. Stop again in Marathon and get some conch chowder. Trust me, you'll love it. Book a motel in advance, they fill up quickly. Don't ride your bike from the motel. Take a cab down town and walk it. Hog's breath, Margaritaville, The Bank, Sloppy Joe's, you can NOT go wrong!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
As mentioned, it's a long, long road. I rode a Ninja from Jax to Key West in 1997....Pretty sure it was 12+ hours. Don't plan on making any time at all.....Speed limit's 40 or 45, you'll spend a lot of time in the 30s.

I'd suggest November if I were you. Won't be too hot, traffic should be bearable.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Avoid Freak Week.

That is all.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Thanks for the primer guys, some destinations bookmarked and digging in to follow...... The southermost piccy is a bucket list thing for me, oh and Woody - doing nothing is what we do the best

November does seem to be a little drier on average than May, but a little cooler. So the coin toss will be all about timing and the job site shutdown if it goes down when it should or gets delayed

Dirk
Old 05-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
Dirk, I've been there twice in the month of February, weather was great both times, no rain, temps in the 70's.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:19 PM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
I went in August and it was beautiful ,warm ,but hey that's Florida. A couple storms but as my friend and native Floridian says, it will stop shortly about 2 beers. The bridges are the main attraction to me, and they have plenty of them. We went from Coco beach to Key west thru the Everglades.Amazing scenery.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Smuckin' Fartass

No matter what else you do, you have to take an airboat trip through the Everglades. It's really a hoot!

Sent from my atomic powered HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
April-May and Sep-Oct would be my pick for best weather months. Bear in mind there aren't really a lot of "beaches" in the Keys.

I haven't lived down there since 88, so I can't comment current attractoons. Back in the day, the Islamorada Tiki Bar and the Carribean Club were must-see for the 2-wheel crowd. John Pennekamp park was good snorkeling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 05-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Don't forget about those nasty little swirling storm that have eyes in the center.

I believe the season is July - November, but later in the year the risk is less.

My suggestion would be October-November, but not on any holiday weekends.

I've been a couple of times, but I flew in on business.

Kimber

Old 05-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Double-D, MLA III, CLS

BluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I was in Key Large in November. Very nice

------------------
Not tesponsible for rypos. Freaking tiny thum operatd kaybards

Oil, heat, vibration and noise.

At work, oil analysis, thermography, vibration analysis, and ultrasonics.

At play, Harley.

Same same, right?

Only 43 more states to go!

Remember, never make a straight on a left hand bridge.

It WILL leave a mark.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:22 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
If you are spending any time on the mainland beaches on the way down, may I suggest the Gulf side? Beautiful white sand. You just can't get that on Lake Manitoba. Or the Atlantic side, for that matter...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.