Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Captain Accuweather

Dogbreath1956 has failed to amuse us
I spoke with a local tune shop about TTS. He called them and asked them about a release date the "new" product. TTS said at least 30 more days to go public. Wouldn't comment on price or functionality beyond what Steve Cole said.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath1956 View Post
I spoke with a local tune shop about TTS. He called them and asked them about a release date the "new" product. TTS said at least 30 more days to go public. Wouldn't comment on price or functionality beyond what Steve Cole said.

At least it is headed in the right direction....

I wonder if they are only going to service what is out already or come out with something new and better.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath1956 View Post
They moved it again. Just the other day Steve said it was in final testing and would be a couple of weeks.......
Old 03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Captain Accuweather

yeah agreed. Prolly end of April. Understand it's suppose to cheaper than a SERT but more capable. Still need to wait and see.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Captain Accuweather

latest from the the otherside of the street:
From Steve Cole dated 21 Apr 08:
"Just to let everyone know we have shipped out the Beta test software to our beta testers. We hope to get some answers from them next week and if everything goes well we should be ready 2 weeks from when we have there answers assuming there are no issues. Things look good from our end."

Last edited by Dogbreath1956; 05-01-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:52 PM
KTWillys

This is just like waiting for Christmas Morning..........
Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
This is just like waiting for Christmas Morning..........

You know I thought about waiting for this but in the end decided that since I could still get the original SERT at a reasonable cost and my tuner is comfortable with it and he guarranties his tuning for the life of the engine I had no need for the extra features of the new SERT or the TTS Mastertune. Maybe with your background you'll find it more useful KT.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
You know I thought about waiting for this but in the end decided that since I could still get the original SERT at a reasonable cost and my tuner is comfortable with it and he guarranties his tuning for the life of the engine I had no need for the extra features of the new SERT or the TTS Mastertune. Maybe with your background you'll find it more useful KT.

Joe
I actually started with the SERT on my RG and it ran great...
the only reason I changed to the DTT was because I do get over to the
west coast a few times a year and the SERT wont compensate very well with that big of a difference in air density...

That said I know I could just set it up richer to start and that would be fine with me but the tuners that I had dealt with couldnt seem to grasp such a difficult concept....

I also like the function of a closed loop system, I think that they do a lot better...

Now that I have had the DTT for a while... the engine does run good for the most part, but does have some issues that I cant live with..

So I am really just waiting to see what they got before I just go back to the SERT.... and live with its limitations....
Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Man if it really can take a snapshot of all the current tables in your current map that would be great.

Sign me up for one.

And what they say is true about HD shops that they won't give you a copy of the map on a CD or jump / thumb drive. How about just a print out of the current map tables, don't think they could do that either.

Would be nice if HD set up a East and West region tuning shop and had competent tuners working there. But you can bet they would only be tuning with HD made / installed parts. No gear drive cams for them...

Read the warning on the CD that comes with a SERT... installing this software will void the warranty.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Technical Member

HDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I am currently doing Beta Testing on the new TTS ''V-Tuner''.....all I can say is this is the cats meow, the best of the best, the future in efi tuning, it's way cool.... bottom line.
If you have questions on the unit feel free to ask but there is way too many up grades for me to sit here and type.
My testing will be complete the end of next week then I can get my results back to Steve at TTS so they can start production on it. It sure beats the Harley ''Fisher Price'' tuner thay came out with.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I like that you can pull a map out of the ECM and look at it. Was complete BS you couldn't do that before. How the hell can you trouble shoot something without knowing where you are at. Totally Harley screwing its customer.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:15 PM
really small member

dynajim has failed to amuse us
Wonder how much it'll be$$??
Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 PM
KTWillys

Is this unit going to be propritory to the ECM like the current SERT's

and will the system be able to run O2 sensors...... and or upgrade an earlier Delphi system to run O2 sensors.........

And does the new system still VE's for the air/fuel adjustments...
Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Technical Member

HDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowHDMD 88 has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynajim View Post
Wonder how much it'll be$$??
It hasn't been priced as of yet.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Technical Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTWillys View Post
Is this unit going to be propritory to the ECM like the current SERT's

and will the system be able to run O2 sensors...... and or upgrade an earlier Delphi system to run O2 sensors.........

And does the new system still VE's for the air/fuel adjustments...
The 02 sensor data is in the ECM, the tuner only opens the ECM for edits, so, if the ECM isn't programed for 02 sensors the V-Tuner can not up date it. It will however use the 02 sensors for tuning like you never seen before.

The tuner will marry to the ECM as soon as a down load is activated, you can retrieve a map from a bike without it marring up to the ECM as well as data collecting without marring up with the ECM. One nice add on to this unit is it can be purchased with a two bike lock in....this means if you have two bikes you can buy one unit that can be used on both bikes. It will be Vista compatible and it can be ordered with the serial port data connector or a USB connector

The new V-Tuner has the same screen configurations as the old SERT with a few and I mean a few changes to it. The Tuning Mode is called the Tuning Master and the Data Mode is called the Data Master. Plus there is a third program that is called the V-Tune.....this is the one that will separate this unit from all other tuners on the market today. I am still testing this program along with 4 other tuners in the US so nothing can be said about it until we know it will do what is expected of it.