Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 07-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Cushman FJR

Best test ride ever. Not because of the bike, but because the salesman tossed me the keys and said "Have fun. Go get lost". And that I tried to do.

First impressions: The bike is not so much a sport bike as it is a touring bike. The seating position is more upright than layed over on the tank, although there is room on the seat to move both forward and back, so you body angle can be changed dramatically.

Handlebars are positioned comfortably, and footpegs are directly underneath of the rider. The position I was put in was very comfortable, although I'm sure after an hour of steady riding I'd be needing to stretch my legs a little bit.

Controls are layed out like any other Japanese import, with signal controls on the left handlebar, with a push to cancel. The left handlebar also has a switch to raise and lower the windscreen, but I could not find a position that blocked the wind without creating a noticable back pressure.

The bike shifted smoothly through all five gears, with power available throughout the rev range. This bike is quick, and it lets you know that from the start. One of the complaints I had about this bike though, was the throttle. It was the hardest throttle I've ever had to twist in my life, taking nearly twice the force to turn as any other bike I've ridden.

While on gripes, the steering had a tendancy to flop over. Much like an improperly raked out chopper where the front wheel flops when trying to turn, the FJR's steering felt like it was trying to do the same, once the handelbars were turned more than a quater of the way to either side. It made slow speed turns a little harier than they should be.

All in all, the FJR is a very affordable sport touring bike that lacks nothing in the power department, but could be improved with better slow speed steering, and a few other long distance goodies such as; cruise control, heated grips, and a rear trunk.

Other than that, the FJR is a nice bike for the buck.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Known Associate

P 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks for the write up.

Interesting.................

I have had a few Cushmans (DIRT & 650 special) and have always liked them.

I am still happily dating my roadking. I would consider a Yammy

] G A Z I N T A S Doofspicible............

CT-7, MA-7, NY-7, CT-43, MA-43, NY-43