Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Somewhere outside Omaha, AR...

I am staying in a hand-built rock castle with turrets and balconies and no damn Romeo to wake me up at odd hours of the night with ramblings about the moon and sun.

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
I ain't no Romeo, but how long are you going to be there India. I might be able to ride up a day this week. I pulled this quote off mapquest "According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km²), all of it land." I bet I can find it

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology

Last edited by Turbo Turtle; 02-28-2016 at 08:04 PM. Reason: because I can
Old 02-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm going to be here until next Sunday morning when I check out. Planning on going to some doings at Prairie Grove Battlefield next Saturday. Wanna go party with the Confederate reenactors? http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/ev...y-day--132526/

Hey, I've been in a lot of parts of Arkansas where the part wasn't all land and the land that was there was pretty soggy, too.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:24 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Sorta kinda interesting. Weather may play a part in my travel timing, but weekend would likely be better. I'll be in touch

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 02-29-2016, 08:15 PM
Mind the thorns

Okay. The internet service is in and out here but still better than the AT&T service which I get by standing outside with my back to the north, the phone held somewhat northeast, and my right hand over my right ear. I wonder if aluminum foil in my hair would help?

Went to Pea Ridge Military Park today and incidentally Eureka Springs, which was congested, cramped, contrived, commercial, and claustrophobic. Can only imagine the insanity of seasonal conditions, but the country around the town is truly stunning and I enjoyed the drive in what I'm told are unseasonably warm conditions.

Really enjoyed Pea Ridge; the Powers That Be managed to give a good balanced account of history and events, paying plenty of attention to accounts of individual combatants as well as officers. I've been to most of the Red River Campaign and Camden Expedition sites but never came this far north. Kenya and I had the park pretty much to ourselves so were able to leave the leash in my back pocket. The entry fee is good for Wilson's Creek as well, so I'm planning on going through there on the way home.

The next couple of days are going to be spent hanging out on the castle battlements finishing up the embroidery samples for the Threads article and writing the sample chapter for the book proposal... in between walks and wool gathering, of course.