Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Tins, Body Work, & Paint
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Hangaround

Last Cigar Smoked: RYO but it has been so long I forget
Squrll has failed to amuse us
Long time coming the 9 year make over

Well as some may know as I stated in my introduction story I bought Backroad Mike’s old 103 Well spring is right around the corner and while most of the old 103 was in pretty damn good shape when I picked her up. http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395704977 she just wasn’t my Squrll!!! So I decided to do some modifications to get her looking how my eyes saw her and want her to be, we all have that vision. I start by stripping some stuff off to giver more of a sleek look http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705059 After a few hard runs the valve train noise was driving me crazy I emailed the man himself master builder Dave at JD’s and asked him about lifter choices and with some prodding from vafatboy. I installed a set of Woods lifters http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705059 wow what a huge difference valve train was sounding sweet as well primed sewing machine. Then just as luck would have it on the 1st of Nov. I went down the guy in front of me with no break lights had to make a quick emergency stop do to the car in front of him making a last minute decision to make a last min left hand turn with out signaling and came to a complete stop do to on coming traffic. And before I realized the guy in front of me was no longer moving forward, I had closed the gap between us to about 15 feet I decided it was better to pick myself up off the ground than out of the back of his back window. So buy the time I got to my feet everyone that was in front of me was long gone, A fellow biker coming the other way stopped and blocked traffic and help me get the bike back on her feet. Of course she fired right up made a few quick adjustments shock the cob webs out of my head gave the guy a big thanks I owe you one and headed for home. Busted up road rashed hand, fractured right tibia and extremely crushed ego it funny how adrenaline will mask a lot of pain!! Damage to the bike was almost non existent few scrapes and one or two bruises.http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705186 http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705303 But I was done for the year! So now with nothing better to do as I can really ride, hell doctor doesn’t even want me walking, I decided this is the perfect time to take the old 103 and turn her into my squrll!

I decided she would get a full detailing while I was stripping some part off to get down to the miles and miles of dirt that had accumulated over the last 9 years. A friend I had asked to come by and give me a price to touch up saddle bag asked if he could just paint the whole bike for me. Yeah!!! So I started stripping everything off with the help of vafatboy we got everything stripped down and off to the paint shop. I then decided to get started with the wheels and tires, another friend installed my new Avon’s for me, Mike had already upgraded the calibers so I upgraded the rotors to floaters front and rear http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705401 Cleaned up the wheels and polished http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705401 http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705401 Cleaned up the motor and polished all the chrome.
http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705626
Vafatboy came over and we reset sag to my weight on the Ricor rear shocks, Stripped seat down and removed a ½ layer of foam from driver’s section of the seat as I want to be a lot lower in the saddle. My leg while better is still not 100% and have concern of it going out on me with out notice. Installed a new battery and cleaned up the wiring nest. http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/att...1&d=1395705626 Everything should be back from paint in a week or so so now we just wait to get her dressed in her new squrll clotheshttp://www.doofclenas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59661&stc=1&d=13957056 26 will post a before and after photo when all said and done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg two up.JPG (252.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0157.JPG (141.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Lifters.JPG (139.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg saddle bag.JPG (138.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg floor borad.JPG (199.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5747.JPG (126.0 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5751.JPG (100.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0221.JPG (166.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0232.JPG (165.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0233.JPG (200.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0225.JPG (161.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0228.JPG (171.4 KB, 96 views)
Old 03-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Always good to see pictures of my old bike parts. Those Ricors are good shocks.

Lookin' good my man!

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 03-24-2014, 07:20 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I had to chase that bike more times then I care to remember
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Looking good Stuart. I didn't help much with the tear down. But I'll be there for whatever you need putting it back together.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Damn, those are some serious rotors..

Woods lifters...

Could be they were just warn out. That TW6HG isn't exactly the quietest cam out there.

Glad everything is healing and the rest of the parts are coming along Stuart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post

Lookin' good my man!
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
I had to chase that bike more times then I care to remember
What, and you think those days are over?

Stuart is no stranger to the throttle.

Kimber

Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post

I can't keep up with any of ya, that includes Ronnie aka Hollywood too.

On the last ride with all of us I was bumping up against the edge of my skills and Hollywood was in front of me, he only had his throttle hand on the bars and he looked completely relaxed.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
I can't keep up with any of ya, that includes Ronnie aka Hollywood too.

On the last ride with all of us I was bumping up against the edge of my skills and Hollywood was in front of me, he only had his throttle hand on the bars and he looked completely relaxed.
You sell yourself and your skill set way short my friend.

WAY short.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:30 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post

Lookin' good my man!
That right there could be it's own sub forum......

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:38 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post

no I think I will really reigning it in now
Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish View Post
That right there could be it's own sub forum......
Yes. Yes it could.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squrll View Post
no I think I will really reigning it in now

Yeah, ok. We'll go with that.

Kimber

Old 03-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Glide's Bride

Last Cigar Smoked: Camacho Corojo Machito.......Thanks MEGA
Palerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nicely done!!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
"another friend installed my new Avon’s for me"

I'd be real interested in what kind of service and how many miles you get out of the Avons.

I put a set on my wife's Softtail Springer because they are a little softer and have amazing traction but she didn't ride near the miles I did. Not much mileage on them on my Street Glide and Ultra due to that softness and the weight of those two bikes.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Very nice. Just be aware that you don't have any brake lights either. Or they work real well cause they've never been used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 03-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTOE View Post
Just be aware that you don't have any brake lights either. Or they work real well cause they've never been used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I get that all the time after we run a bunch of twisties and stop, Then when we go back and check they are working just fine