Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MoCo
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MoCo The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
H-D Ordered Not To Enforce Ban On Internet Sales by Dealers

From cyrilhuzeblog.com...

Harley-Davidson Ordered Not To Enforce Ban On Internet Sales Made By Its Dealers.

Published by Cyril Huze December 1st, 2011 in Editorial.

You remember that last August Harley-Davidson informed its US dealers network that online sales were forbidden outside their dealership territories. Main targets were those dealers selling online parts and accessories to 3rd party independent dealers (brick & mortar and online shops usually reselling Harley genuine parts at a discount) and to individuals whose residence are outside each dealer territory. Beginning of this month, I reported that St. Paul Harley-Davidson (incorporated as St. Paul Motorsports Inc.) sued the motorcycle manufacturer to fight the policies, which would eliminate about a quarter of the 72-year-old dealership’s revenue.

On Monday November 28, 2011, U.S. District Judge Patrick Schiltz ordered Harley-Davidson Motor Co not to enforce its ban on sales of parts, accessories and apparel through third-party websites or to international customers. The judge’s order is effective through Feb. 29, 2012. Through his attorney, St-Paul Harley owner Tom Giannetti successfully argued that although his dealership motorcycle sales were dropping since year 2000, he was able to stay in business thanks to profitable online sales. Judge Shiltz keeps the case on hold until February to give both parties enough time to negotiate an amicable resolution of the dispute.

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 12-01-2011, 12:28 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If HD was smart they would cut their losses, use the judge's decision as an excuse to back away from a stupid policy and let dealers sell parts to whom ever they wish. It really does the MoCo no good trying to limit sales in any way. Personally if they'd managed to get this policy to stick I intended to keep my current bike and maintain it with aftermarket parts until it's not feasable, then sell it off and switch brands. I won't be held hostage by the MoCo and my local stealer(who charges over MSRP on parts and has to order EVERYTHING), if they want to circumvent the free market then I won't help them with it.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
If HD was smart they would cut their losses, use the judge's decision as an excuse to back away from a stupid policy and let dealers sell parts to whom ever they wish. It really does the MoCo no good trying to limit sales in any way. Personally if they'd managed to get this policy to stick I intended to keep my current bike and maintain it with aftermarket parts until it's not feasable, then sell it off and switch brands. I won't be held hostage by the MoCo and my local stealer(who charges over MSRP on parts and has to order EVERYTHING), if they want to circumvent the free market then I won't help them with it.
I agree

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Instead of learning how to run a successful, profitable dealership from the Jenni's of the world, the MoCo prefers to crap all over them and attempt to bolster the market position of the dealers who leave us, the customers, tight jawed and looking elsewhere.
My local dealer sees me so seldom that they act like a long lost relative just walked through the door when I show up to buy a $3 part I need immediately or to visit John (my favorite tech there) because I've got some Chrome Cash from using my H-D Visa and I'm feeling too lazy to do something on my bike myself right then.
If it's a hard part worth more than $3, I'd have to wait a week for them to get it in and pay retail anyway, so I just don't go there.
Shelves are chock-a-block full of boutique items, though.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
my bike doesn't need farkles, its pre farkled....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippsy View Post
my bike doesn't need farkles, its pre gheyed....

Fixed, just to keep the mocking going

Old 12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Fixed, just to keep the mocking going
I am here to serve....
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

That's why we love you.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:41 PM
grapenutless

Quote:
That's why we torture the crap out of you.
fixed
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
That's why we torture the crap out of you.
Quote:
fixed
You would get lonely without the attention.

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 12-01-2011, 03:20 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Quote:
fixed
Your right, I was lying before.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Your right, I was lying before.

Kimber

Old 12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
I agree
So do I.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
So do I.
As do I.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:26 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ah, now the picture is clear to me.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[