Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-24-2018, 11:35 AM
the camera guy

Captain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sock
Custom Dynamics Lighting

Anyone running Custom Dynamics lighting on their bikes? If so what are your thoughts? After looking at Daymakers, JW and a couple of other vendors went with the CD turn signal conversion kit, TruBeam headlight and passing lights for my Ultra Limited. Cost a bit more then I was looking to spend but I like the performance and looks of their halo lights.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:38 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I just pretty much don't ride after dark.

I need to find a good pair of those yellow night vision glasses.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 01-24-2018, 06:24 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Check with Backroad Mike..... I thought my truck lite phase 5 lights were bright until I rode ahead of Mike at night..... I think he has a Cyron LED conversion.... it was like riding in front of the sun.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 01-24-2018, 07:07 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I do like this headlight. Low beam functionality is fantastic. High beam adds a little more, but not that much. Highway signs at night will reflect and can be somewhat blinding if they are big signs.

The fan noise is a little distracting when you turn on the ignition and it lights up, but you can't hear it when the bike is running.

I've tried various upgrades to the CVO dual bulb headlight that I had originally. Nothing seeded to work long term. Then I went to the Phase 7. Light was great in a flat plane left to right, but it's such a concentrated flat line that the corners go completely dark when I'm riding the twisties at night. I found this out the hard way coming out of Yosemite after dark in 2013. I had to slow way down to keep from overdriving the lights.

I still have the phase 7 if anyone wants to give it a try.

As my original CVO headlight was the dual bulb set up, I purchased a standard 7" single bulb housing second hand from a local shop and installed this bulb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Led Headlight.jpg (121.7 KB, 61 views)

Kimber

Old 01-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Mike, are you using the Cyron LED passing bulbs also?
Old 01-25-2018, 05:51 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
Mike, are you using the Cyron LED passing bulbs also?
No, I'm using the Pathfinder 881 passing/spot, 50 Watt LEDs.

The color output is the same as the Cryon LED headlight.

Top Row:
Passing lamps unlit. / Low beam headlight

Bottom Row
High Beam Headlight / Low beam and spots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spots.jpg (28.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Low Beam.jpg (49.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg High Beam.jpg (49.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Low Beam and Spots.jpg (50.7 KB, 51 views)

Kimber

Old 01-31-2018, 08:35 AM
the camera guy

Captain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sock
All my Custom Dynamics lighting has arrived. I’ll do a comparison before and after once we install them and will post the images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2018, 08:31 AM
the camera guy

Custom Dynamics headlight, driving lamps and turn signal markers are in. Not only do they look dope, they are bright as hell. Did the rear markers, tail light and rear fender lip. I’ll post those as well shortly

Old 02-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Original Delinquent

We rode home in the dark Thursday night for the first time this season. I'm still impressed how much better these lights are over stock and the phase 7 stuff I had earlier.

Kimber

Old 02-18-2018, 10:42 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
I just put the Hogworkz Halomaker headlight and passing lamps on the Cherry Bomb. Won't know how well they work for a while.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:34 PM
the camera guy

Really impressed so far. Weather hit 50 degrees today so I took it for a ride. Big difference in brightness with the front/rear fender lip lights.