Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Movie Reviews > Westerns
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM
GrayRider

The Searchers

Made in 1956, starring John Wayne, Jeffery Hunter, Ward Bond, Vera Miles, Harry Carey, Jr., Natalie Wood and Ken Curtis.

Wayne and step nephew Hunter, search for Wood for 14 years, who was taken by the commanches as a child. She is Wayne's niece and Hunter's step sister. But they have different motives for wanting to find her, Wayne wants to kill her, believing her violated beyond repair and Hunter wants to save her.

I've seen this one at least a dozen times and consider it Wayne's best performance. He believed it was his best also.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
It's prominently featured in "The Great Movie Ride" at Disney-MGM Studios, too.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
It is also one of my favorite Wayne movies.

This movie was made when a lot of historical liberty was exercised. The period was 1866 right after the Civil War, but John Wayne Had an 1873 Colt, and an 1892 Winchester. Must have been prototypes.

Highmiles

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
It is also one of my favorite Wayne movies.

This movie was made when a lot of historical liberty was exercised. The period was 1866 right after the Civil War, but John Wayne Had an 1873 Colt, and an 1892 Winchester. Must have been prototypes.

Highmiles
You see a lot of that in movies. What bugs me the most is when they shoot 15 times with a six shooter.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
You see a lot of that in movies. What bugs me the most is when they shoot 15 times with a six shooter.
The Lone Ranger had that model specially made, he allowed use of the patent to Roy Rodgers.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:21 PM
8-Ball

Is that the one where the young girl is spared when her family is killed by a raid and then she is given over to the friendlier tribe by the marauders?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:31 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Is that the one where the young girl is spared when her family is killed by a raid and then she is given over to the friendlier tribe by the marauders?
No, the offending tribe keeps her.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
I think the new Tom Selleck westerns remind me a lot of the John Wayne westerns. You can tell the good guys from the bad guys.

Highmiles

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 07-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Asst public Doofender

Yosamite Sam has failed to amuse us
The Duke's personal best

John Wayne felt strongly that the Searchers was his best movie. He shows a dark side in this movie like the side you see in Red River. I have heard this movie is in the top 10 best Westerns of all time...

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 07-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Helping with the B.S.

Ol Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Probably not one of the top movie favorites among indians..

Master of Contemplation
Old 08-17-2007, 08:06 PM
RedBeard

Great movie. But I still think The Cowboys was Duke's finest acting job.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
captainlee

and True Grit !!

and Rooster of course
Old 08-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
The Shootist ......was Great also........

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........