Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
10....1000 mile days in a row.

http://www.ironbutt.com/articles/bogess7000/index.htm
Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
What a grand adventure! I don't have time to read it all now but will later today I promise! Thanks!

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 02-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
That's some long days, in a row.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I did a thousand miles in one day once. Once.
It was an adventure but not my idea of a joy ride.
It ceased to be fun after about 700 miles.
Guess I'm weak.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
10, 1000 mile days in a row.
Won't happen on my bike. Where's the fun it that.

Kimber

Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
I did a thousand miles in one day once. Once.
It was an adventure but not my idea of a joy ride.
It ceased to be fun after about 700 miles.
Guess I'm weak.
Bags you had a good reason some benifit as I recall. and I applaud you for that.
This guy didn't say why he did it but it's an big accomplishment just the same. according to the web site there are a lot more out there just like him........sure beats bar hoppin .
Old 02-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Takes the fun out of................. fun!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkodiak View Post
Won't happen on my bike. Where's the fun it that.
I agree. I mean, nice job proving you can do it, but it begs the question.....Why?

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Razor

I have no intentions of ever doing 10...1000 mile days however there's a lot of people that obviously get enjoyment from distance riding......I'm betting they all have the t shirts that read........If I have to explain ,etc
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Id like to try it just to see if I could do it..
Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Doof Clenas Member

kiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
WOW. But not for me.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
Id like to try it just to see if I could do it..
thats what I mean it's not for everybody. But it's there for those who want to test themselves.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Ok, so, 10,000 miles in 10 days.

Figure 40 miles a gallon (my bike) @ 2.20 per gallon.........$550.00
9 nights in a hotel (you'll need a comfy bed) @ 75 night...$675.00 *
Set of new tires, mounted (before you start)..................$275.00
Figure $40.00 a day for food (no alcohol).......................$400.00
At least two oil changes (filters 15.00, oil, 9.00 qt)..........$ 66.00 **

Rough estimate total:............................................ ...$1,966.00
* Could be higher/cheaper depending on availability or
if sharing a room.

** Would be higher if you have a dealer do this on the road.

For $2000.00, I could:
1. Replace my suspension with progressive springs up front, 440's
in the rear and still have plenty to upgrade brake calipers and stainless
cables/brake lines.
or
2. Have a good start on some chrome wheels from Renegade or Performance Machine.
or
3. Pay mortgage, bike, power and phone bills for 1 month.

Kimber

Old 02-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Razor

still cheaper than a bass boat.......
Old 02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I know now that I can travel 1000 miles in a day.
It's good to know.
I would do it again if I had a good reason.

*Sensitive at all times.