Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Brakes, Rotors & Calipers
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
nice...

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
And finally....

Rode 130~ish miles today with the new brakes. The smoke's let out of the pads and the rotors are properly seasoned.

Truthfully, I probably could have stayed with the stock master cylinder. The 11/16" piston makes for a very firm lever with reduced travel (which I like), but it probably wouldn't have been horrible with a 9/16" piston. Though the roads were in lousy shape, I felt much more comfortable braking later into corners than normal.

If one was to do this with their stock master cylinder, it's a reasonably inexpensive proposition that pays HUGE dividends.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Site Sponsor
Doof Member

JDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJDsCycleWorks is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
The 9/16 master cylinder will work better for you Russ.

Route 412, Bethlehem. 412 = (4, 1+2=3) = 43
Old 02-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDsCycleWorks View Post
The 9/16 master cylinder will work better for you Russ.
I've still got the old one lying around. I may clean it out and see how it feels at some point.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
And finally....

Rode 130~ish miles today with the new brakes. The smoke's let out of the pads and the rotors are properly seasoned.

Truthfully, I probably could have stayed with the stock master cylinder. The 11/16" piston makes for a very firm lever with reduced travel (which I like), but it probably wouldn't have been horrible with a 9/16" piston. Though the roads were in lousy shape, I felt much more comfortable braking later into corners than normal.

If one was to do this with their stock master cylinder, it's a reasonably inexpensive proposition that pays HUGE dividends.
I went with take offs in good shape and I have about 300.00 with two rotors.