Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I was using an economy tune today. After 150 miles, the gauger said I still had 80 miles left. That was cruising at 70-75 mostly all day. Ok, Ok, so mabe it was a little higher.

I can see why the roads in Texas and New Mexico have higher speed limits. There are many miles of scenery that never changes.

Oh, Dippsy and Russ.. 85 out here won't get you a ticket.

Kimber

Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
I certainly bought the most gas!
That last stop was a doozie!

I could only cram 4.99 gallons into the tank. I think you mileage indicator was showing less than 10 to empty.

We all got crappy mileage in those horrific headwinds across the panhandle and down towards Wichita Falls. My PowerVision was reporting a MAP of 85 to 95 kPa on level ground. If the winds were blowing 40 mph (which is probably about right), we had an air speed of 120.

Ken
Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It's here!!!!

Now I hafta get some time set aside..
I can't wait to play with it; y'all tell me what to do first.
I don't wanna read all those papers!
How do save the stock map?
What to do?
What to do?

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 07-27-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Ricky.

Four words.

R. T. F. D.

Then we can send you maps and stuff. oke:

Kimber

Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hook it up to your computer and check for any software upgrades it may need...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 07-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Hook it up to your computer and check for any software upgrades it may need...
Yup, do this first.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Did that. Updated, installed on the bike. Somebody should tell the MoCo that they put my nbike together wrong. PV says the diag connector belongs on the right side.
EDIT: Nah, I just read it wrong.

The instructions on the PV are not very satisfying yet. "how to flash" which is good, but I'd like to see the confidence-inspiring "How to save your original flash". I'm certain that I understand that it saves it automatically. I'd feel better if it said how to save first, flash later.

So, what now, fellas?

It's now married. There is a map evidently is the PV from FuelMoto called 1 01 2-110-jp21-009.pvt
The rather arcane name doesnt do much for me, but its the only one there, must be for me!

Does the PV possess any dyno-like attributes? I mean, will it let you log and compare performance measurements?
Say, 30~70mph times?
(that would be really handy)

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 07-27-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Did that. Updated, installed on the bike. Somebody should tell the MoCo that they put my nbike together wrong. PV says the diag connector belongs on the right side.
EDIT: Nah, I just read it wrong.

The instructions on the PV are not very satisfying yet. "how to flash" which is good, but I'd like to see the confidence-inspiring "How to save your original flash". I'm certain that I understand that it saves it automatically. I'd feel better if it said how to save first, flash later.

So, what now, fellas?

It's now married. There is a map evidently is the PV from FuelMoto called 1 01 2-110-jp21-009.pvt
The rather arcane name doesnt do much for me, but its the only one there, must be for me!

Does the PV possess any dyno-like attributes? I mean, will it let you log and compare performance measurements?
Say, 30~70mph times?
(that would be really handy)
Find a map that matches what you have on the bike.
If you can't find it.
Email them and they'll suggest one.
Then do the auto tune thing.

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I'm assuming (always a good idea) that the 1 01...named file in there was the FM loaded map that they chose based on my info.
I've loaded it and now i'm going to turn on narrow band a/t.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 07-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Remember that you have an unlimited amount of support from FM with this thing, and they've got a ton of maps they can send you.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It does indicate it is for 110 CID...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 07-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Does the PV have the cam timing thingy like the TTS? If not, when choosing a map I would assume using one with the correct cam would be the number one criteria.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

They had all my info, 255 cams etc.

Made a little putt around...

This cool,

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 07-27-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
The one they provided is probably just as good as the one you were using.

Now, go out and log some data and see what changes PV wants to make.

You can tune regimes separately. For instance, you can tune idle to 3,000 rpm and flash the ECM with that data. The 3,000 and above won't be changed. Then, you can do it again or tune some other arbitrary regime, like 2,500 to 3400 rpm. Flash, and the only cells affected will be the ones that your tuning run wants changed.

Over time, you can get all regimes tuned, idle to 6,000 RPM, MAP = 90 kPa to MAP = 0 kPa.

I tend to whittle on my tune; a little bit at a time. When we rode to Montana, I'd only seriously road-tuned up to about 4,000 RPM.

It's really easy and the learning curve is short.

Ken
Old 07-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Can it keep up with the frankinstien muffler changes?

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...