Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

View Poll Results: FinalBags' Geocache O' Honor
I don't care either way. 1 5.56%
Hide the cache explaining what we do. 10 55.56%
Hide the cache WITHOUT explaining what we do. 1 5.56%
NO geocache! Sacrilege! Blasphemy! Buuuurn the witch! 0 0%
Geocaching is for nerds... 2 11.11%
Ride To The Pride is a cool name! 7 38.89%
Gray is a handsome fellow. (beat ya to it) 2 11.11%
Soy milk is for sissies. 5 27.78%
What the hell is a geocache? 5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2008, 03:29 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
FinalBags ride to 43 commemorative geocache hide.

To honor FinalBags' "Ride To The Pride" 43 run, I am thinking of hiding the first DCMC Geocache at the 43 sign. It will be a micro cache (waterproof match case with a logbook only). Assuming there is a suitable place nearby...

What do y'all think?

The following will happen if I do this:

Other folks from all over will be making a pilgrimage to "the 43" whether they know it or not. And it will bring attention to what we do. Reason for the later is in the geocache description, I can explain how the geocache came about.

Now I can do this multiple ways. I can explain everything in cache description page on the geocaching website so folks "learn" about what it is we do and include some pics of our antics. Or I can leave everything out and just stick the cache there keeping folks guessing with only us knowing the true reason of the honorary placement. OR I can NOT put one there and leave the "going to 43's" to us only. However, in reality if they don't know what it is about, then they will only be going to the cache and we will only know it is in honor of FinalBags' ride.

Check out the poll and vote early and often.

My goal is to honor FinalBags' ride and since so many of us are attending, we can all sign the logbook for other's to see. Secondary is to educate others out there and maybe stumble upon a few more potentials as many people mix geocaching and motorcycling.

Again, I will do what the collective says. Thursday night will be the deadline as I have to get the cache ready before I leave -- seriously tentatively -- Friday.

If you don't know what geocaching is: CRICKY

Last edited by TJ Willy; 02-20-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:02 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I thought you were talking about those hollow rocks
Old 02-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
And the Legend continues to grow.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Doof Clenas Member

kiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withkiddrockr is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Any reason to ride. Sounds like a cool thing to do. I want to go besides this guy
Finalbags I think he's gonna need somebody too help him outta his doof loop.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddrockr View Post
Any reason to ride. Sounds like a cool thing to do. I want to go besides this guy
Hook up and come on. This will be an epic 43 ride with tales told around campfires for many years.

I wonder if his sponser will break down and show up?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
What would be cool is if there were enough room on the "log" for future riders to the location to be able to add their names and date of visit.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-20-2008, 10:40 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
It's raining here-no ride!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 02-20-2008, 10:43 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Just a link to the website ought to be enough.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:44 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Is a geocache the same thing as one of those pet rock thingies?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Hangaround

16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Is a geocache the same thing as one of those pet rock thingies?
Thought that was a Chia Pet? You know...with the growing hair...
Old 02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
The Cisco Kid

TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
haha...

Follow THIS LINK (mentioned above) to learn about geocaching.

Scabby, that is a good idea. I *may* be able to do that. It depends on room in the container.

.......BUT you know... we could start doing that at all 43's - just for us that is. Hide a log somewhere near by then we can sign it during our pilgrimage. Matter of fact, I will bring a spare match container and log book just for us... not listed on the geocaching site of course. We could post up in a forum "Ride To Pride Stashes"...or something... then everyone knows where they are and what to expect. Creativity could be paramount...

I like that idea.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
The Cisco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddrockr View Post
kidd... done deal. The official name will have to change to accommodate another padawan.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
haha...

Follow THIS LINK (mentioned above) to learn about geocaching.

Scabby, that is a good idea. I *may* be able to do that. It depends on room in the container.

.......BUT you know... we could start doing that at all 43's - just for us that is. Hide a log somewhere near by then we can sign it during our pilgrimage. Matter of fact, I will bring a spare match container and log book just for us... not listed on the geocaching site of course. We could post up in a forum "Ride To Pride Stashes"...or something... then everyone knows where they are and what to expect. Creativity could be paramount...

I like that idea.
If you go to a place like <West Marine>, they usually have a number of different waterproof storage items. I'm sure you could find what you need there.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-20-2008, 01:06 PM
The Cisco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
If you go to a place like <West Marine>, they usually have a number of different waterproof storage items. I'm sure you could find what you need there.
Thanks for the link.

I have some Pelican 1150 cases (salvaged from corporate waste) I like to use, but for this sort of thing, but these:

usually work really good for microcaches. You can fit a log in it and stash it somewhere devious.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Hangaround

16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Still like the idea of a Chia Pet. More green - natural - enviormentally correct...more california...alfa sprouts.....help can't stop....