Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:11 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Computer display...

a couple months ago, windows 10 showed up on my computer, without me asking for it...
but there didn't seem to be any problem with it, except I cant figure out how to load pics from my droid phone...

but yesterday, the size changed...I usually had it set on 125%...now I have to turn it to 75%, and even then, something doesn't look right...

and the header stays at the larger size...

I tried windows update, but said I was updated...

help...!

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 08-05-2016, 03:35 PM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
When I plug my Galaxy into my computer, a choice appears in it's notification bar. It usually says USB charging. If you press that it should give you other options, one of which is photo transfer.

Sent from someone else's Galaxy S7.

Last edited by Luke611; 08-05-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:13 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
one problem solved...Thanx Luke...didn't realize I had to do something on the phone besides plug it in the USB...

now the big problem...size of everything...

on the desktop, the picture didn't change, but all the icons are three or four times bigger...
and the header is too...

Old 08-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
When you reset the size, did you do it my right clicking on your desktop, then selecting "Display Settings"?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 08-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Changing the font and icon size may not affect the size of pictures outside of icons. I'm still going through 10 currently, so I don't know all of the ins and outs yet.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:01 AM
I Like Dirt...!

ive been trying different stuff that I really know nothing about...got it where I was able to live with it...
thought about going back to windows 7 in a couple days...but, alas...I turned my computer on this morning and it was back to where it was...
windows update last night fixed it...

Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Try holding the Ctrl key down and pressing zero. That should reset the size

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 08-10-2016, 02:26 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Try holding the Ctrl key down and pressing zero. That should reset the size
i'll remember that for future reference...Microsoft did an update last night and everything is as it used to be...

Old 08-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
i'll remember that for future reference...Microsoft did an update last night and everything is as it used to be...
Until the next upgrade.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-22-2016, 02:45 PM
I Like Dirt...!

it changed back again the other day...I tried the CTL>0, and it helped, but some stuff not so much...one thing I notice is my pic on the desktop is as wide, but have 2" black space at top & bottom...makes the pic look a little out of dimension...

Old 08-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Can you hold and drag the upper and lower borders?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-24-2016, 08:25 PM
I Like Dirt...!

after playing around with settings, and although not back to where it was, I was able to live with it...

and then today, when I get home from work...

NO MOUSE

so, after a few hours of looking up stuff on my phone, and not able to do, or get to where they said, I finally got to a system restore, without losing any pictures...

I still have windows 10, but everything looks back to normal, although I have to call my cable company to resetup my email, and download Adobe, etc, etc, etc...

and I have my mouse back...