Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Reckon that is the case once you get to reserve, my countdown bounces around like one of them little rubber balls from the dime store before it ever gets to reserve.
It is adaptive. It changes to how you're riding. If I ride hard and burn half a tank and it says I have 75 miles to zero, then I slow down and ride easy on a slow state highway, it goes up to reflect the additional distance you can expect to zero.

I'm very confident in mine and believe it is far superior to the gas gauge.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
It is adaptive. It changes to how you're riding. If I ride hard and burn half a tank and it says I have 75 miles to zero, then I slow down and ride easy on a slow state highway, it goes up to reflect the additional distance you can expect to zero.

I'm very confident in mine and believe it is far superior to the gas gauge.
Did the MoCo up and accidentally put some superior technology in my scoot?

Seriously though, you are probably right on the money. I think the high winds we ride in down here probably are playing with the reading. Don't tempt it too often as I always like to have filled up by the time I get to a 1/4 tank.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Did the MoCo up and accidentally put some superior technology in my scoot?

Seriously though, you are probably right on the money. I think the high winds we ride in down here probably are playing with the reading. Don't tempt it too often as I always like to have filled up by the time I get to a 1/4 tank.
I tend to err on the safe side on the road myself in case the next station is a mile too far. But in town, I intentionally force the issue to see what I can get away with.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Hangaround

wildey has failed to amuse us
I honestly would like to have my tank from my 06 back. No brainer. Held 5 gallons, didn't splash all over the place filling it etc.

Maybe if we lift the ass end of the bike we could get the 6 gallons in. Im thinking the tester must have been drinking and didn't have the tank level when he designed it LOL
Old 05-13-2009, 03:51 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I dunno, my light was on, it said I had 17 miles to go, put in 5.2 gallons, looked like plenty of room left in the tank.....

all my riding buddies have smaller tanks so it really doesn't matter to me....gotta stop for them....y'all
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
I dunno, my light was on, it said I had 17 miles to go, put in 5.2 gallons, looked like plenty of room left in the tank.....

all my riding buddies have smaller tanks so it really doesn't matter to me....gotta stop for them....y'all
You're doin' something wrong.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's