Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Interview, the Series archives
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Interview, the Series archives Here's the interviews from the past...

Old 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
GrayRider

Q-Dog by Darrell

Dave… AKA Q-Dog…. AKA (well, I’ve been asked not to mention the witness protection thingie)

How ya been since us Doofs and zINTs seen ya this summer? Been up to anything you’d like us to know about? Well... my wife & I have a 13 y.o. son that is keepin' us hoppin' right now with his Travel Hockey team...and he just discovered girls!

What’s keeping you busy, now that the BB-Q joint has changed hands?
Well, I've been tryin' to figger out how to tell you guys.

Although the shop was for sale for 9 months, no buyer was found. The pressure and stress of running a business and keeping a family finally took their toll & we closed the shop, for good, on August 10th. Since we had self-funded this, we were looking at huge debts. Mrs. Q & I filed for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy a few weeks ago. The hearing is Dec 12th. We're losing the house....but have found a rental house very close. This'll keep our son in the same school. Even though this has been a gut-wrenching time...we've tried to keep our wits & sense of humor about us.

You attained Doof Godliness by hosting Vuk-Fest. How’s the perks of that position working out for ya?Perks? .....I'm gonna hafta talk to Management about these Perks you speak of.....

What’s been your progression of bikes through the years? Year/Makes/Model/What Happened to it? Any future bike purchases that you’re dreaming about?The first bike was a Girelli moped. My folks had said I needed a B average on my report card, when I was in 10th grade, to get my Driver's License Learner's Permit. Then one of my old teachers had this thing for sale & it was a done deal. Don't need a license for a moped. WRONG!...under 18 ,in Md. , you need a permit. Anyway... I rode that thing everywhere!!!...at 17 mph! Then it really started boggin' down & my buddy pulled the baffles out of the exhaust. That thing would do 45mph after that! Then in1980 I bought a ***** 200...street bike. Had it rebuilt, but never had a title. I think I ended up sellin' it for parts....That was it for bikes until my FatBoy. And...it's a good frikkin' thing, too. I would almost certainly NOT be here typin' right now. My boys back then were runnin' Kaw 750-Triples, Kaw Z1's... and Cushman RD350 2-strokes.

I think you hold a pretty interesting sounding job. Care to divulge any info on that? What was your most memorable moment working?I've been a TV News Cameraman since 1986. I started at WBOC-TV in Salisbury, Md. Then shot traning videos for a DoD Contractor that services ATC Radar for the Navy. From there I went to the U.S. Senate Recording Studio.The video you see from the Senate floor comes from them. I shot hearings and silly crap from 1989 to 1995 for them. I wanted to get back into news and joined Conus in the Fall of 1995. Conus, now defunct, was part of Hubbard Communications. They own WSTP in Minneapolis and a large part of Direct TV. I left in May of 1997 to freelance here in DC and Baltimore. I really wanted to work at the Network level & knew that I'd hafta quit the job I had to get the work I wanted. And that happened almost immediately. Very soon after that The Monica Lewinski scandal started. The Gary Conditt scandal was right behind that. I was hired full time here at NBC Washington in the Fall of 2000. Soon after that I was trained on a Satellite Transmission truck. I was transmitting the video of the 9 Trapped Miners in Pennsylvania in 2002 when they were pulled from the ground alive. Then there was The DC Snipers.... ...No two days are ever, EVER the same. I past Don Henley & Michael Douglas walking into the White House. I've done live shots with Wayne LaPierre, Hulk Hogan, Bob Barker and Sissy Spacek....

In fact, what other jobs have you held in your lifetime (you can leave out the drug dealings and pimpings)?I washed 'Roach Coach' mobile catering trucks in High School. Cut grass at NAS Pax River on a Massey-Ferguson 165 tractor with a 15' bat-wing mower. In college, I put myself through, I was the campus UPS guy. Bussed tables in Ocean City,Md.

What’s the square root of 43? ....Crap I know this.....

You have a favorite memory from past motorcycling? Well, out with it. Pretty much anytime I get to hang with the NoVa Delinquents or any Doof. Those are quality folks

Any time or event in history that you wish you were there to experience? I'm just hoppin' to see tomorrow.

How about a dream ride. One that you may never be able to do, but still dream about anyway? Sturgis.
By myself.

I’m thinking of a number between one and three. Guess what it is? ....Crap I know this, too.....

What's been your proudest (iffin that's a word) moment as a parent?

I'm still waitin'... ...just kiddin'. I think just being a Parent makes me proud on a daily basis. Just the day-to-day stuff has turned out to be a great joy for Pam & I. We seem to be able to find great hilarity in silly, normally mundane stuff! I really like takin' him to work, though. He's a great kid.

Have any other hobbies, besides the bike deal, that you partake in regularly?
Well, in my previous life, I was a competitive Bass fisherman. All that stopped when we started the bidness & I sold my boat.

I've still got a ba-jillion rods & reels....and twice as many plugs.

What was the most humorous thing that's ever happend to you or that you've been part of (besides these Doofs and zINTs)?Years ago, my brother & I were hunting down on a farm he helped out on. Visiting & catching up, mostly, we initially went to a goose blind he'd built. After a few hours there....nothing.
As we made our way back to the car...I brought his attention to all the doves that were flying. He had been shooting skeet the previous day & had low brass#9 reloads by the bucketful. We found a fenceline the birds were flying over....they were still comin'! It was a head-on, full speed dove, about 20 feet over our heads. Tough shot. Any way, we got 2 or 3, by some lucky chance...and then there was a lull.
My brother was carrying-on about something...I saw a mess of ducks flyin' in a lower field, comin' our way & my brother had duck calls..... I said "Dude......DUCK!"I was expectin' him to start quackin' on his duck calls...but as I took one final look......he was crouched, with his hands over his head.

Einstein: Genius, or just a really lucky mathmatician?
Rocket Surgeon

Knowledge of Life, put into one sentence (not meaning of life)?
Tell the Truth... Always... No exceptions... Live it.... Defend it to the end.... But always remember: A Lie Begets a Lie.

Meaning of Life, in one sentence, please (not knowledge of life). The meaning of live is, actually, for us to ponder the meaning of Life. Don't ask me how I know this...just be happy that I do.
Really

Any other questions that I missed, can you answer them now too?

Thanks![/quote]

Darrell....what a great thread, and oppotunity to come clean.

1. Syn.
2. Hetero.
3.The Star Spangled Banner.
4. Curley....'cause Mo & Larry hammered the He!! out of him!