Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have a complete (stock) exhaust system and a few other things laying around in the garage in my way.

I'm sure Noodles can haul them pretty close to you.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
I have wide glide bars that o never used. My bike is an 03. Have foot pegs that are for a softail so they should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
They're probably charging a fortune for the gas tank...It'll ride fine with a dent in it. I've got room in the garage, plenty of tools, and a lift if we need it. I can borrow my neighbor's ramps and get the bike here if need be.

Let me know Timmy, I'm happy to do it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dippsy View Post
try and find out what's on the estimate quickly, if the snow continues we will be putting it back together for turkeypalooza.....we will have manpower and bourbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
This.

And This.

This Two.

This three.

Seriously Timmy. Tell Patriot to e-mail you a copy of their determination. It's still YOUR bike in for an estimate.
OK - first thing tomorrow, I'll contact Patriot HD for a copy of the estimate.
Should I contact my InsCo? If they. Say it is totaled, does that make it so?
Would I be able to ask em the max they will give me for repairs without labeling it totaled (I don't want to be riding a 'totaled' bike - probably be $$$ to get insured).
...or do I just buy the '84 bagger at Patriot for $6500.

Thanks for all the lovin', peeps.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Just saw this, glad your Ok and healing.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Not sure how much of it fits but I have the stock bars, exhaust, saddle and some foot pegs off my Deluxe. You're welcome to any of it that will fit.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Talked to Patriot HD today, they are mailing out the estimate to me.
As soon as I get it, I will scan it an email it out.
Cavemen at Patriot do not have the capability to scan/PDF the estimate to me.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
Talked to Patriot HD today, they are mailing out the estimate to me.
As soon as I get it, I will scan it an email it out.
Cavemen at Patriot do not have the capability to scan/PDF the estimate to me.

They don't have the trained flying monkeys? What is the world coming to?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Wow - I just checked my email and they did send me a PDF.
The highlights:
Front Fender - $550
Gas Tank - $1551
Primary Cover - $ 350 (actually, I've got an extra one of these, I think)
I mean - WTF ???
Dealership mark up the prices on HD parts or what ???
Anyway, now that I have the list I have something to work with when InsCo calls me.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'

Old 11-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Wow - I just checked my email and they did send me a PDF.
The highlights:
Front Fender - $550
Gas Tank - $1551
Primary Cover - $ 350 (actually, I've got an extra one of these, I think)
I mean - WTF ???
Dealership mark up the prices on HD parts or what ???
Anyway, now that I have the list I have something to work with when InsCo calls me.
Yeah, figured they'd be slightly inflated, but DAMN, 1551 for a tank?

Kimber

Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Shoot Timmy, we can have you on the road for just a smile and a handshake.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
When you talk to the adjuster, see if he'll allow repair to the tins over replacement. American classics charged me 250 to repair the dent and repaint my tank. That was 7 years ago but damn. He painted all my tins for 1200 American classics has been doing whitts hd paint repairs for years.

When I was searching for brembo brake parts for the Electra, I saw a boxes full of clutch perches, levers, switch housings, mirrors ,turn signals etc at Robs used Harley parts in herndon.

Once I see the list I can price what you need that hasn't been offered.

Another thing to consider is using an Indy for the repair. Patriots hourly rate is the highest around.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
One more thing. Get an estimate from JD.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
you can get tanks on ebay for a couple hunderd...maybe a paint scratch...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
OK -
...or do I just buy the '84 bagger at Patriot for $6500.

Thanks for all the lovin', peeps.

'84 kinda old~

There's a super nice Shovel forsale

Keep Your Bike and give it to your daughter when she gets her motorcycle endorsements!

®
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
They're probably charging a fortune for the gas tank...It'll ride fine with a dent in it. I've got room in the garage, plenty of tools, and a lift if we need it. I can borrow my neighbor's ramps and get the bike here if need be.

Let me know Timmy, I'm happy to do it for you.
Put one of Dippsy Life Was Good over the dent in the gas tank!

®