Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Big MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thinning Down the Ultra

Kinda tired of the top heavy look and want to remove the tourpak and replace it with a nice sissy bar/backrest and luggage rack. Undecided about removing the lower fairings -- leaning towards removing them during the warmer months. Anyways.... anyone have experience with it and know part numbers for a backrest and luggage rack?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:58 AM
8-Ball

This is a pretty good setup and is quick release... if your tourpak is quick release, it would be real easy to switch back and forth.

I don't know the numbers, but it is the HD tall quick release backrest (they make a short one too, but it doesn't clear the height of the rear pillion) and the HD luggage rack that mounts to it. You will also have to buy the backrest pad and the emblem for the back of the sissy bar...
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
KTWillys

I can track them down for you...

I went to the detachable tour pak and the detachable backrest.. and love both...

I can remove them and the lines are very nice and clean.

I am not a fan of the crash bars and have completly removed mine from my RG.....
Much cleaner,,, IMHO
Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 AM
8-Ball

All of your parts are listed on page 413 of the 2008 accessory catalogue.

Looks like they've added an even taller sissy bar to the line up. I've got the standard height.

Sissy Bar - Short - 52935-04 - $159.95 (Can't use luggage rack)

Sissy Bar - Standard - 52933-97B - $159.95

Sissy Bar - Tall - 52723-06 - $159.95

Luggage Rack - Mounts on Sissy Bar - 53011-98 - $189.95

Billet Backrest Mount - 53086-04 - $62.95

Backrest Pad - Pillow Look - 52708-97B - $99.95

Detachable Lock Set of Two - (put one on the sissy bar and one on the tourpak) - 46106-00 - $59.95

Last edited by 8-Ball; 04-14-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Big MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Lookin' good thanks for the feedback. Definitely putting on the list...

Holy cow that stuff is $$$$ from HD.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
H-D...hundred dollar

Old 04-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Check out the quick change system for your lowers. I gottem and I like em.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Would it have been cheaper to get a Road King and build it up?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:35 PM
KTWillys

Not really cheap but once you do it you will find that you love it...

I strip off the tour pak for solo riding and for short trips I just put on the backrest and all works great...

As much as I hate to say it... the best way to go here is with the HD parts..

they do fit the best..

check out one of those 20% off guys,,,,,
Old 04-15-2008, 08:37 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Would it have been cheaper to get a Road King and build it up?
Nah... got a good deal on my Ultra (low 20s) and it was one of the last patriot bikes out there. They were no longer in production when I bought mine.

If I'd purchased a Road King I'd likely be thinking.. "gee, a TourPak would be nice..." just how it is...
Old 04-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Or buy a EG STD and build it up.dj

Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I got a tourpak on my FLHR, when you take it off, you can see the hardware.

Now that I got FLHTCU, I think about stripping down FLHR. But its just so handy. Every time I think about, I think I want to bring this or stop here.

To me it just to handy. Jacket during the day, lunch pail, stop at grocery store on way home, ect.

Also the saddle bags suck. I use them as little as possible. Tourpak opens easy and perfect height, well except for LB.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Or buy a EG STD and build it up.dj
You should try that some time
Old 04-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
You should try that some time
Bite me squirrel boy!

I mean,Sir.dj