Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:52 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Install Cruise on a Batwing Fairing bike.

Has anyone installed cruise on a classic, street glide, or standard???

I have the manual. I have been researching and found some road king write-ups but nothing for batwing fairing just yet.

The install looks like it might be more tricky than I first thought it was. Ferrules, e-clips, housing buttons.............

I will be switching out bars at the same time and wiring in fog lamps.

Any folks wanna come to The Falls and help a brotha out???
Old 05-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I boiught an Ultra so I would have al factory wiring, and cruise from day one. Love it. Do wish I still had my throttle tensioner. So if you can still keep it I would. I like a little bit of drag on the throttle.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Piece of cake. The cruise unit bolts in under the left side cover. The cable snakes under the tank, so you'll have to lift that off. You'll see where the cable attaches to your EFI/carb, which ever you have.

The Wiring is plug and play. You remove the right switch housing, and replace it with the one that comes in the kit. If you are using bars that have external wiring like stock, the whole change over should take you about an hour and a half. If you are using bars like Wild1's that wire internally, add another two hours to that. It's real easy to run the wires inside the bars, just follow the pin position that's in your manual.

You DO have the manual, don't you?????????

You'll need to pull the switch plate that's underneat the ignition switch. Follow the books directions as to pull the ignition switch, and it's two torx screws holding the swithc plate. You add the cruise switch, and plug it into the pin housing that's already there.

If you're changing out bars, and can't get to the two top clamp bolts, pull the radio out. Then everything is right in the open. Changing bars out will add another hour.

So, my guestimate for bars, and cruise.............................. 3 hours. Add an hour for internal wiring.

Problems or questions, PM me.

EDIT.............

I see you're adding fog lights? FLHTCI doesn't have fog lights? Or are these aftermarket? Add another 1 1/2 hours for wiring and mounting.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-20-2008, 11:30 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It's not too hard. I did it on my other bike. You will think the cable routing is wrong, too close to the heads, but that's really the way it goes.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
The Cisco Kid

TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks for the info guys.

Geeze... yes I have a manual. I do have lamps on the classic but I am adding:

THESE

Jenni @ Tri-County said they were VERY bright.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 AM
The Cisco Kid

For those of you that installed cruise...

The friction lock from my old housing does not fit on the new housings that were sent with cruise kit.

Is this normal? The hole is still there for the friction lock, but the knob is too big for the friction lock assemble to slid in and then be e-clipped.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
8-Ball

you are doing this 11 days before ES...

dumbass....
Old 05-29-2008, 11:55 AM
The Cisco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
you are doing this 11 days before ES...

dumbass....

You have rebuilt your motor 5 times....

dumbasser.

(don't jinx me bro!)
Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 PM
8-Ball

that's dumbassier...

and "Don't build me, BRO!"

I'm just worried man...
Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You do NOT use the friction lock with electric cruise. Fagettaboudit!!!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 PM
The Cisco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
that's dumbassier...

and "Don't build me, BRO!"

I'm just worried man...
I hear ya. I was just joking with ya.

I was a little worried until last night. Worked till 2:00 am on the bike. got a lot done. Fogs, Cruise, fairing guts. Waiting on grips/speakers/clutch cable - though I think I could reuse stocker the way I rerouted it inside the fairing.

"Don't tase me Brah!!!"
Old 05-29-2008, 12:56 PM
The Cisco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
You do NOT use the friction lock with electric cruise. Fagettaboudit!!!
Right on. I did not think so, but since they put the hole there for it, I figure it must refit to keep moisture out. No go. Picked up an oil filter at HD today and asked shop guy. No fit and nothing to go in that hole. So I guess I will put a dab O silicon there.