Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Try this..........

Splice the charger wire into it.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I looked at that cable Dave, but it's to short for what I have in mind. I've got a spare Ram ball that I'm gonna mount to the left control housing, then I can pop the whole iPhone holder on there for longer rides, and have visible gps as well as my tunes. I don't want to have the battery cable beating on the tank, or tangling on me while I'm riding.

I'm not crazy about bar mounting the power outlet either, but with the coil relocation and the oil cooler, I may not have a choice.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
This is becoming a pain in the butt. I've got no room to mount the danged thing on the downtubes or the upper engine mount where the coil is now. And now that I look at the bike, I'm not enthusiastic about sticking it on the bars either.

It sure looks like one of those lo-pro ones will fit into the console, but I'm not about to start drilling into mine until I'm 100% sure it'll fit.

Anyone got a spare Softail console laying around that I can drill into?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
A friend of mine mounted a cig lighter on his softail below the seat on the left side. It's barely noticeable and makes it very close to the fuse block. I can get a pic of it later today if that location has any appeal to you.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
YOu don't need all that shit on a softail.
YOu got the bagger for when you want music.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckinfog View Post
A friend of mine mounted a cig lighter on his softail below the seat on the left side. It's barely noticeable and makes it very close to the fuse block. I can get a pic of it later today if that location has any appeal to you.
If it's not too much trouble, that'd be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodawwg View Post
YOu don't need all that shit on a softail.
YOu got the bagger for when you want music.
Which does me no good when I'm riding the Softail, but thank you for your input.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post

Which does me no good when I'm riding the Softail, but thank you for your input.
Snap!

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
I looked at that cable Dave, but it's to short for what I have in mind. I've got a spare Ram ball that I'm gonna mount to the left control housing, then I can pop the whole iPhone holder on there for longer rides, and have visible gps as well as my tunes. I don't want to have the battery cable beating on the tank, or tangling on me while I'm riding.

I'm not crazy about bar mounting the power outlet either, but with the coil relocation and the oil cooler, I may not have a choice.
russ, can you just get a spare iphone cable and run that up through the bottom of the tank to the handlebars, and then use the ram mount on the controls

edit: looking at the bike, it looks like you can get some type of connection to put on the battery, then run the cable like I said above with the cable coming out from the front of the tank like the control wires would then just get a ram mount for the controls, you could even shrink wrap black the stupid white Iphone cable.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Russ,

Have you looked at any of the ones that mount on the horn? Also hardwires to the battery. JP Cycles has this one HERE

I found several others like this when I was looking.

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
...dang, russ, don't ya think its more important to put a speed governor on your bike for the next time you drive thru ohio?
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 01-04-2011, 05:37 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
sell vader, buy that RGU you always wanted.....
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Or WILL want when you get back from your Southwest Tour this month....
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 PM
grapenutless

yeah that...................
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
russ, can you just get a spare iphone cable and run that up through the bottom of the tank to the handlebars, and then use the ram mount on the controls

edit: looking at the bike, it looks like you can get some type of connection to put on the battery, then run the cable like I said above with the cable coming out from the front of the tank like the control wires would then just get a ram mount for the controls, you could even shrink wrap black the stupid white Iphone cable.
I'm toying with that idea too. If I could find a long enough cable like yours, I'd run it under the tank and zip-tie it to the struts supporting the front of the tank, and only pull it out when I was traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by par_fore View Post
Russ,

Have you looked at any of the ones that mount on the horn? Also hardwires to the battery. JP Cycles has this one HERE

I found several others like this when I was looking.
The problem with that is that my coil is where the horn used to be, and I'm using a custom mount. Something like your link would be ideal if the bike was stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
...dang, russ, don't ya think its more important to put a speed governor on your bike for the next time you drive thru ohio?
Hater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
sell vader, buy that RGU you always wanted.....
Not happening. Ever.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
grapenutless

Quote:
I'm toying with that idea too. If I could find a long enough cable like yours, I'd run it under the tank and zip-tie it to the struts supporting the front of the tank, and only pull it out when I was traveling.
russ, what I was thinking is get the short plug unit with a set of connectors like the gerbil battery connectors, then get an long Iphone cable and keep the whole thing connected and hidden away in you battery box under the seat.
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty