Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 AM
8-Ball

Metzlers are shipping mismarked tires... beware

It appears that a lot of tires marked 150 mm are actually 130-140 mm tires coming out of the Brazil based Metzler plant.

Metzler Tech Line 1-800-747-3554
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Thanks for the update Mike.

Good thing I use Dunlap and you use Avon.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Yep,

I have a 150/140 just put on last weekend.

Supplier offered to make good. Just don't want to hassle with the R&R.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ran into that on my first and last set of Metzler tires, Brazil must be on a different metric system than the rest of the world.
Or maybe the alpha to metric size sheet they have is wrong along with the compounding.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
My Metzlers were from Brasil and the sidewalls started showing fine cracks almost immediately. They never seemed to feel right on my bike either.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Avon
just sayin

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I thought my 150 looked small. Thought maybe a new design or something, but this clears it up. I will get a hold of the shop tomorrow and get it fixed. Thanx for the heads up Ocho...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I called the shop where I got my tire and he's checking into it. I wonder how long this will take???

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
I thought that I would report my dealings with Metz.

When this came to light I called the vendor. They bailed on me, but I didn't push it because the cost of R&R didn't appeal to me anyway. I did call the tech line at Metz and they couldn't tell me anything and said it would be between 40-60 days before they could comment.

I got a call today and was asked for my address so they could ship me a tire that met spec.

I'm to call them back when I get the tire switched out for return authorization.

Not bad considering I only made the one phone call.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Whatever you do ....don't click This.

Just sayin'.............

Last edited by Q-Dog; 09-25-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I bought two of the undersized Metzelers for nmy RK Classic. I wanted Avons, but I was wanting to upgrade to 150 width tires front and rear AND keep the wide whitewalls. Metz was the only one that offered the www 150 in a front.
Well, it turns out I could've bought a 140 in someother brand for the same result! Both tires are 150/80-16 WWW Metzlers (Brasil). The rear measures 144mm and the front measures 140mm.
Maybe I should go on and call 'em. I've been letting it slide because of the PITA and expense of two R&Rs...but it bugs me (a lot) to get screwed.

Masstch

_______________________________________43_________ _____________
Old 10-20-2007, 01:41 AM
8-Ball

I bought Avons because the Metz was ridiculously under load rated in the 150...

So I figure on my bike... overall... I'm batting about 1.5 lifetime...
Old 10-20-2007, 02:20 AM
Viennahog

Brazilian Metz are no match for the German version

Talked to Metzeler over here and they told me that they've moved all bias ply tire from Germany to their Brazilian plant. The 'new' 150 mm tires were adjusted in size to correct some fitment issues (yeah right) with certain bikes.

I ran a entire set on my Ultra 130mm front 140 mm rear, tire appears to be different in handling than the Germany made due to a design and rubber compound change.

By By Metzeler for me after several years of excellent experience with them. Will run Michelin Commander on my 2008 Ultra, the stock Dunlop are up for sale

Last edited by Viennahog; 10-20-2007 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Dumbass forgot to spell check
Old 10-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Known Associate

TXCHOP has failed to amuse us
Agreed!! The resident Avon rep ocho convinced me to switch. Even after their supposed fix recently, they are still smaller than they were than when made in Germany. I have a pair sitting in the garage waiting for the mood to put them on..
Old 10-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Dunlap Wide Whites. Measured correctly, safe, and purty too.