Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Mine comes with Mary too, since that just happens to be my wife's name also.
And Mary does love the BIG red bag.

Jus sayin'
braggart...
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16X9 Shooter View Post
Dave,

If you are concerned with hinges on tour pak - this may help.

Not cheap though.

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id40.html

New Ultra Brace replaces stock cable and is much easier to use
Allows you to open and close the lid with one hand, adds stability and allows for a narrower parking profile
Rattle proof design in bright nickel finish
The Ultra Brace is easy to install and includes all hardware
Fits all regular and chopped Tour-Paks '79 - '07
Read More About Ultra Brace

Part Number Finish Price
plus S&H
TB-1B bright nickel plated w/zinc mounting hardware $69.99

TB-2 bright nickel plated w/stainless steel mounting hardware $74.99

TB-1B: This kit comes complete with a bright nickel plated Ultra Brace and zinc mounting hardware.

All that is a brace, replacing the cable? I don't think that will accomplish much. I like the idea of peice of aluminum bracing between the hinges.

One thing that may help, is I am very strict about not opening while bike is running. These things shake, ya know.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I have observed and thought about the comments of the EG tourpak. And most of them Tourpak don't crack unless you're throwing it open so the cable catches it. Or putting some overweight girl on the luggage rack. All is good. As for the Road King red bags....