Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Street Glide Critique...

Yesterday marked the first day in the saddle of my '07 Street Glide.

8-Ball and I rode to a couple "Biker Friendly" establishments both in SD County and just north. We rode back rodes most of the way, and except for the occasional hard shell bug (or pebble) in the cheek or the slow moving 4-wheeled vehicles, it was an awesome ride.

If you're in the area and have never been to The Hideout, you owe it to yourself to make the run. Stay on your toes though, the windies are just that. We also went to a place in Lake Elsinore called "Hell's Kitchen". Neither T-mobile nor Verizon come to Hell's Kitchen....Just sayin'....

Okay, the bike.

She's still 100% stock. I plan to do the Stage I upgrade with pipes, SERT and SE air cleaner and dyno. Thing is, the SERT is on backorder and nothing available until the end of the month. It's kind of funny how HD warns you about using the SERT on your street bike but the dealer throws them in the deal AND they can't keep 'em in stock.

The 96 seems to be a pretty strong engine. I really have very little reference point as to how much better it is than the 88. I had an Evo, jumped to an 88, had it for about two weeks and it was bumped to a 95. Since then, I've had an S&S 107 and Godzilla, a 103+. Although I'm sure 8 took it easy on me (it was my first 500 miles), we seemed to run well together.

After reading Dirtydan's comments on the 6 speed, I agree. Not sure the 6 speed gives you much more than my 5 in Godzilla. We seem to find a "sweet spot" at around 32-3400 rpms at 90-95mph. Although the same speed on the SG in 5th has me near the 4k range, 6 just puts me a little under 3k. Nice to have, but knowing this now, I wouldn't upgrade for the 6-speed.

She handles great. Could be because I'm use to the weight of Godzilla. Someone coming from a smaller bike may feel differently.

Cosmetically, not much to change.
1. The seat sucks. Have already ordered a Corbin Classic Solo.
2. Need Highway pegs. I like to stretch out a bit.
3. HD makes a floorboard relocate kit. Moves them forward a couple inches. Possibility.
4. The stereo has great sound as is. But, I know me and I will probably go with a set of Hog Tunes speakers in there. 8-Ball loves my choice of music, and want to ensure he can hear it all speeds.
5. Did I mention that the seat sucks??

Other than that, probably a few chrome dress up items. I'll definitely go with chrome lowers at some point, but I'm gonna break her in good first.

Thanks again Mike for a great ride!!

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet

Last edited by Stone Cold; 04-03-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I am so jealous.
Glad yer happy with the new scoot....it sounds great!

Last edited by Q-Dog; 04-01-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Jams

Ahemmmm!

Old 04-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hey Gordito,

I knew you'd like that bike...they do handle great. My 'glide handles so much more confidently than my Dyna that it surprised me considering the weight difference and all. I'll not go back. As a matter of fact, I'm pissed off it took me so long to find this out.

And having put on a few more miles, I don't miss the 6 speed. HD got it right with the 5 speed gearing as far as I'm concerned. 70 to 75 puts me in the sweet spot and I'm comfy at that speed. I'd have liked the 96 engine, but my real concern was the tranny. I'm glad I bought the '06 used and saved the $3500 over a new one.

No buyer's remorse here, either Gordito. I'm so friggin' happy I could just gAZINTa.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 04-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
I have no complaints with my 06.....................

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 04-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Double-D

Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
I have no complaints with my 06.....................
No complaints with mine either.

Except for the seat....it sucks!

Just sayin'...

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Known Associate

redhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
congrats !!

I rented one a couple weeks back while in Las Vegas ( stock 07)
It was a dog around town , but came to life on the interstate !!!
If you ride any two up at all , take a look at relocating the rear pegs...every time we stopped , my wife's feet were digging into the back of my legs.

enjoy your new ride !!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 AM
8-Ball

I have to tell you that that is one sweet bike... Had a great day, Rick...

I really can't imagine that music sounding any better with new speakers...

Its obviously time to introduce you to some Jerry Vale...

Oh... and Happy Birthday yesterday!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Lost, and not found

SIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSIMPLYCONFUSED is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Congrats on the new ride, just something about a spankin new Harley, a great feeling.

Sounds like you guys were having too much fun, but that's good.

Ride safe & often.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRANER View Post
Congrats on the new ride, just something about a spankin new Harley, a great feeling.

Sounds like you guys were having too much fun, but that's good.

Ride safe & often.
I agree.....sort of.

Seems with all of the EPA crap and the way the MoCo has built the bikes to comply, you have to have a Stage I kit thrown into the deal before you throw a leg over.

However, I did enjoy the hell out of the ride. Can't wait to knock out the remaining 200+ miles to break in.

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 04-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I would add passing lamps. I miss mine when they are burnt out. I bumped mine up 55w too.

I do like the solild paint schemes. Other thing I would not be without is a rear engine guard, buts just me.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:26 PM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Wink Way Cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Yesterday marked the first day in the saddle of my '07 Street Glide.

8-Ball and I rode to a couple "Biker Friendly" establishments both in SD County and just north. We rode back rodes most of the way, and except for the occasional hard shell bug (or pebble) in the cheek or the slow moving 4-wheeled vehicles, it was an awesome ride.

If you're in the area and have never been to The Hideout, you owe it to yourself to make the run. Stay on your toes though, the windies are just that. We also went to a place in Lake Elsinore called "Hell's Kitchen". Neither T-mobile nor Verizon come to Hell's Kitchen....Just sayin'....

Okay, the bike.

She's still 100% stock. I plan to do the Stage I upgrade with pipes, SERT and SE air cleaner and dyno. Thing is, the SERT is on backorder and nothing available until the end of the month. It's kind of funny how HD warns you about using the SERT on your street bike but the dealer throws them in the deal AND they can't keep 'em in stock.

After reading Dirtydan's comments on the 6 speed, I agree. Not sure the 6 speed gives you much more than my 5 in Godzilla. We seem to find a "sweet spot" at around 32-3400 rpms at 90-95mph. Although the same speed on the SG in 5th has me near the 4k range, 6 just puts me a little under 3k. Nice to have, but knowing this now, I wouldn't upgrade for the 6-speed.
Oye Gordito..
Congrats on your new 2007 Street Glide...

Thanks for your thoughts about the bike and the '07 tranny. Straight up.

So?..are you going to be blowing up propane bottles in Colorado? (hope so) Sheessh.. can't wait to see the new ride and Salida Police responding to a noise violation..

JWD and Chromer..

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......

Last edited by Chromer; 05-05-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Why is the text in this thread so wide? I hate when I have to scroll right and left just to read the text...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
8-Ball

I know the boy just got the call that the new scoot got its stage I finished... ready to be picked up...

I'm also thinking its time for yet another test ride...

tappin' my fingers on the desk.... waitin'....
Old 05-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I know the boy just got the call that the new scoot got its stage I finished... ready to be picked up...

I'm also thinking its time for yet another test ride...

tappin' my fingers on the desk.... waitin'....
You going to ride him over to pick it up???

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........