Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Captain Accuweather

Dogbreath1956 has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
I can vouch for this.

I usually ride behind him....

Just sayin'...
Look who's gripping taking a leak. He gets lost at every gas station we stop at.

Anyways, i have asked about retro fitting at three dealers, two said no, one said they would have to get back to me. Still waiting for that call. so I guess maybe the Wernimont is the only option now.

Last edited by Dogbreath1956; 05-19-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
pairofnines

If I had a six gallon tank I would still have a four gallon bladder range>

Les will verify that my advice to everyone is "never pass up a chance to pee">

Of course some (read that Les) don't always heed my advice>
Old 05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Hangaround

16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with16X9 Shooter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
$1,200 ?!?!?! Are you frikkin' nuts...!!!!????
Yep, ride an HD.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Most on one tank was 258 miles. Low fuel light came on. It took almost a full 6 gallons.

http://www.russwernimont.com/tanks.html

They have a 6 gallon replacement that will fit. It would be hard to convert the '08 tank.
The replacement is for all but the road king. I played hell trying to get one for an efi bike, not happening.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I think this is about 6 gallons...

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath1956 View Post
Anyways, i have asked about retro fitting at three dealers, two said no, one said they would have to get back to me. Still waiting for that call. so I guess maybe the Wernimont is the only option now.
The forward mounting points are different on the new tank. The tunnel was also modified and the stabilizing link moved to the front of the engine from it's original mid engine mounting point. I believe it would take major massaging to make it work.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 PM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My bike did me right this last fill up. Round town riding and I filled up at 189. Maybe at 10k she is finally broke in????
Old 06-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
$1,200 ?!?!?! Are you frikkin' nuts...!!!!????

PLUS you either have to buy their seat or have yours modified
Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The tanks are completely different. As mentioned, mounting points, seat ftiment, yada yada yada.

Best that you could do is after market stretched tank, and that's pricy.

http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_ca...afCatId=&mmyId=

Meng

TKWSV

Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
proud of that tank ain't he

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
If I run it at under 70 I can get 160 out of a tank, the extra gallon would come in handy since I usually run the piss out of it. An aggressive throttle cuts it down to about 120.
Sounds like somebody is in desperate need of a good tune.

either that our check for a hole in the tank.......................or, ride with George a lot...

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Unless everyone you ride with has a six gallon tank, it is a moot point. If you ride by yourself, it can be an advantage. I'm not sure that it is an advantage worth $1200, however.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 AM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Quote:
Unless everyone you ride with has a six gallon tank, it is a moot point. If you ride by yourself, it can be an advantage. I'm not sure that it is an advantage worth $1200, however.
Now this makes a whole lot of sense!!!

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 06-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Sounds like somebody is in desperate need of a good tune.

either that our check for a hole in the tank.......................or, ride with George a lot...
Well its a stock 88 with a stage one intake, true duals and a PCIII with a fuel moto map and it just ate up a new tc96 from go to 100+. She is running just fine.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:10 AM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
I thought about 6 gallons, but I've got plenty of gas to get to where I need to stop to stretch my ass... have a smoke... take a pee... add gas... and start again... about 120 miles per leg...

I'd be interesting in knowing about the 6 gallon anyway...
Yes...agreed (ahhhh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
The power commander sucks gas above 70 but cools things off. I pick up quite a bit of mileage when just running the ECM download but it runs about 20 - 25 deg hotter. Its a trade off.
Yip...definitely a trade off. I've got a major fuel hog myself (at >than 70 MPH). But the bike is runin' WAY good, no pinging, cool engine temps, reliable, it's ridin' season and I ain't messin' with it.

Quote:
Not sure I agree that it's a moot point? I've been on rides in the middle of nowhere (Friday on little traveled Kansas state road 77) with that in the gut sinking feeling that we all should'a stopped at the last gas station. I'd just as soon be the one that has that extra gallon of comfort and maybe be ridin' instead of walkin'.

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......