Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > General Bike Discussions
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-18-2021, 02:21 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 09-18-2021, 05:17 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
.???

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-18-2021, 06:08 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
switchback?

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 09-18-2021, 07:14 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk

Kimber

Old 09-19-2021, 08:47 AM
The other white meat

Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
switchback?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[

Last edited by Infidel!; 09-19-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:34 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
NBF ?

Kimber

Old 09-20-2021, 10:09 PM
The other white meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
NBF ?
I wouldn't exactly use the "F" word.

There's a number of reasons behind the decision. For one, Elvis, my 2011 Road King Classic, is getting kind of long in the tooth. I'll have owned him almost 11 years. He's been a stalwart. Put up with my practice and competitions, crushed my foot, fell over hundreds of times, and never, ever gave me any serious mechanical problems. Yeah, I replaced the clutch about 20 times, but that was me beating on it. Hard.

I love the root beer paint job. It's really pretty when it's clean. I like the look of the 16" apes I have on it. It's meticulously self tuned using a power vision and runs perfect. I've replaced all the chrome that got scratched during practices. New front fender that I bought about 6 years ago, because the cones were bending the old one up quite a bit. In short it looks brand new.

So, Kat surprised me last fall by taking one of my MSF classes. Yeah, I know she was sleeping with the instructor. . She didn't need me to pass though, she was a very good student, and passed with ease. She keeps teasing about riding one of the 3 bikes we have here, and I think she may be serious. She could never handle the Limited, so it was either the Fat Bob, or Elvis.

While riding Elvis around recently I came to the conclusion that it's a hard bike to ride. I made it that way. It's set up for competitions. It also had the first generation of ABS that Harley put out. That version is downright scary, I believe you're better off without it. For an inexperienced rider it would be disastrous. The ABS on my 2019 limited is light years ahead of this kluge.

So I started looking around. The RKC isn't made anymore, but I have never been sold on the leather converted plastic saddlebags anyway. I wanted the hard, lockable bags. The 2021 models only come in 3 colors, black, red and a red/white combo which is really ugly. The red is really red, not crimson or maroon as in past years. No metal flake, but really red. I like red.

So, I started calling dealers after checking their inventory online. Found out they never have what they say they have. I stopped in Waco HD when I was passing by on my way to Lowes, only to be told by the sales girl there that they didn't make the RK in red this year. . Where do they get these people? Most dealer inventories are really low, and they all want to treat me like I've got no money or piss poor credit. Most wouldn't talk to me until I filled out a credit app, even after I told them I'm paying cash.

The dealer in the Woodlands was different. They treated me like I was serious, had the money and they wanted to deal. Even priced my trade sight unseen. Ok then. Since I'm 1-1/2- 2 hours away from any dealer, they win.

I'll probably pick it up this week, after I get my back problems sorted out.

[
Old 09-20-2021, 10:24 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds great!

Why do they have to yank people around, they gain nothing but bad feelings and bad word of mouth from riders.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-21-2021, 04:45 PM
The other white meat

It's at the dealer, now all I have to do is go get it

[
Old 09-21-2021, 07:56 PM
Original Delinquent

Congrats.

Kimber

Old 09-24-2021, 11:20 PM
The other white meat

Took the back roads home from the dealer, I didn't think I-45 was the best for a break-in. Up 75 to 19, then 21 to....

WHAAAAAAT?

Yup, the Pirate road 7! Aaarrrrr!

Took 7 back to 75, to 79 then 1848 to 489

[

Last edited by Infidel!; 09-25-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:10 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Arr! Ya ruint it!

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...