Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Tins, Body Work, & Paint
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Painting inner fairing

I bought a Dragonfly fairing off a forum member. It's already painted. I would like to paint the inner fairing matte black. I saw it on stock Harley fairings and think it's pretty sharp. I'm assuming I have to sand it down, prime and paint. Can you give me any advice on the processes? Any special prep work? Advice on sanding? Recommended primer/paint/etc???

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
I'm with you on that, I liked the satin finish Dragonfly does. Anyway, this is the contact info of the guy I spoke to there about the speaker grills so he may be able to give you some ideas since it is their fairing.

Kyle Murphy
877-374-6359 Order Line
206-818-5014 Tech Line
206-361-2589 Fax
kyle@dragonflycycleconcepts.com

Old 06-14-2007, 10:54 AM
really BIG member

customryder has failed to amuse us
they have a rubbery type coating do not sand thru that..
Old 12-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Doof Clenas Member

IRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suckIRONMAN can happily embrace the suck
Thanks guys! I have a compressor and sprayer so when it warms up I'm going to get take it apart and paint it. Maybe a new stereo and speakers too for kicks!

I'll give Kyle a shout too.

Thanks again!

Ironman
Old 12-23-2007, 09:45 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Sharp looking fairing, Ironman! If I was going to get one, a Dragonfly would be the way to go...

Old 12-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Fairings are where it's at.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Fairings are where it's at.
Silly........... fairing's are where the RADIO AND SPEAKERS ARE!!!

Doof.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 12-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
No that's the dashboard. Fairing is on the other side.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:46 PM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Sharp looking fairing, Ironman! If I was going to get one, a Dragonfly would be the way to go...
They have a new version out now w/ 6x9 speakers, supposed to be even better. The quality of the dragonfly is really nice, very solid when mounted. A buddy of mine has a Deadcenter one and it is nice the way it detaches but it shakes pretty much.