Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 08-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
This will be the first week under 100 degrees, so cold hands haven't been a problem yet. I am enjoying the radio, and overall, I love the bike.

I don't have ABS, but the brakes are so much better than my last bike, that it is just incredible. If you test ride an '08 with the Brembo's, you will want to upgrade your bike.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Known Associate

P 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Congrats on the new bike HM.

We all understand the way you feel.

Way to go....Dude

] G A Z I N T A S Doofspicible............

CT-7, MA-7, NY-7, CT-43, MA-43, NY-43
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Thanks a bunch.

P.S. I forgot to mention the best part. The Brembo brakes are unbelievable. They are worth the price of admission. If there is only one upgrade you can do to your bike, make it these brakes.

Hey bud. What's so great about the brakes?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice Scoot! I see one of those in my future. Mainly becasue my wife gets a little uncomfortable on the back of my FLSTNI. But I'll still keep the Deluxe for myself.

By the way... does your new bike have good brakes? -Just curious.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post

Hey bud. What's so great about the brakes?
They went to Brembos. Each caliper has 4 pistons, and four pads. The brakes take much less effort, and you can tell exactly where you are with regard to lockup. I can stop a ton quicker with less effort, than my '04.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Double-D

Dsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographicDsanchez is not in AOL's target demographic
Cant speak on the 08

...but I love my 07 EGC. I have a 2000 RK and a 04 RK prior to that (touring bikes that is) but the Classic rocks. I was unsure about the tour pak and batwing as far as handling but the utility of it is great. I added IDS to mine so its not much different than the 08. Unfortunately, I don't have the Brembo brakes...... ARE THEY ANY GOOD ?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Well, I broke down and got a new Electra Glide Classic. Here are my first impressions.

The Motor/Trans combo is a winner. I'm still on break in miles, but there seems to be more power on tap at all times than with my 88 Stage 1. I have done nothing to the bike, and I could live with it "as is" including the stock mufflers.

The main difference between the fairing and the road king windshield is the provision for a radio, and gauges. The air coming around to the rider is very similar.

The EG actually seems much smaller. I feel like I am much further forward, and as a result the bike feels tiny. That will probably change a little when I change seat and bars. The seat is real close to being okay, but If I am going to travel, I want better. The bars are 3" too low for me. Any suggestions?

6 gallon tank is wider. Not a problem, but noticable.

Love the electronic throttle. You need to give more gas in first, while starting, or you bog a little. I think all the gearing is different on this bike, and first seems taller. There is less gear whine than my 5-speed had. Mine had a noisy 4th gear. The 6-speed is quieter in all gears.

I went through my favorite twisties an average 5 mph faster. Probably a function of new shocks, versus my worn ones.

Momma rode on the back last night and proclaimed she liked it better. .........

...............so do I.

P.S. If there is any way you can get the Brembo brakes for your bike, do it. Don't worry about the cost, spend the money. You will be so glad you did. I love these brakes. No comparison.
...so much for "as is"....

...didn't even last 2 paragraphs....
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Brembo Brakes..............

You know, that was one of the things the sell's man talked about when i bought the `08 RG, I dont know nothing abour name brands but i will tell ya the Brembo brakes on my bike will ("WILL") slide you off the seat onto the fueltank!~

®
Old 08-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Congrats on the new bike.

What color is it?

Piccys?

Put a 1000 mile on that seat over a weekend.You will realize that it's the first factory seat that you never gave a second thought to because your butt isn't killing you.It Is That Good.