Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Victory
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Is this a wise ass comment, or are things differant there? Things vary state. MI makes you pay for sales tax, where WI, subtracts your trade in, from the amount you pay.

Texas has no state income tax.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
When it comes to bikes, I wish you could get accurate accounts. Problem is everyone loves there bike. I've been curious about BMWs, are they really as relibile as people say? I like to travel it appeals to me. Same thing with Victories, how relible are they? Vic riders say they are. But myself as a Harley rider tell metric riders, how great Harley is. Not that its bad, but people do tend to brag up there ride. Its human nature, add on top of that $$$ pmt, and your really going to be reluctant to say anything. Not all people are like this, obviusly.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
Texas has no state income tax.
Then why are we talking about income tax, especially on a purchase? Or did I miss some sarcarsm or point being made? Hey you can't post this fast, and think about you are typing.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:26 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Parks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sockParks doesn't need a tube sock
There isn't really a middle ground typically. You either like your widget or you don't. You never hear people say I am satisfied, but the reliability is terrible. Then you wouldn't necessarily be satisfied.
Some people can be honest when asked, but I bet most people dodge the question.

Time to Nut up, or Shut up. -Tallahassee
Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks View Post
There isn't really a middle ground typically. You either like your widget or you don't. You never hear people say I am satisfied, but the reliability is terrible. Then you wouldn't necessarily be satisfied.
Some people can be honest when asked, but I bet most people dodge the question.
I dunno, Harley had some real bad years, and people kept buying and were satisified. I am satisifed with my bikes, but there are things that could be better. Not satisiefied with all the damn oil leaks I have had and have. So I am willing to bring it up here, but not to my dad who has Jap bikes.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
For 'Touring', the Cross Roads and Cross Country are much closer to the mark than the Jetson..........I mean Vision. As for the 'Cruisers', while the Hammer is sportier, I prefer either the Vegas or even more, the Kingpin.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So I spent some quality time with a Cross Country at the DC bike show.

It's a nice bike with a couple of massive caveats. The looks are subjective, so I won't get into that. The crash bar, which looks ridiculous in photographs, is much less jarring in person. What is jarring is the ungodly long handlebars. No foolin', they've gotta be a foot long in the pullback. That was really off-putting.

Pulling it up off the stand, I was shocked at how well balanced it was. It feels a ton lighter than my Limited. The view over the fairing is decent (other than the bars), and the feel is good. With feet up on the boards, the position is natural and comfortable.

But.....

Although the feel is light, it's also cheap. Everything you touch is plastic, and it feels like plastic. Cheap, fragile plastic.

The bags are the worst offenders. They're huge from the outside, but the inside is a rectangular storage compartment that doesn't mimic the bag contours at all. The opening mechanism is nice and simple, but it feels like it'd break if you pushed on it too hard. And really, I could see worrying about pushing too hard on just about everything on the bike while I was washing it.

It's a nice bike. I like the look. I like the weight. But I think I'd be happier with an extra 50 pounds and some more solid-feeling hardware. I think I could get used to the goofy bars (for the record, I hate apes), but the cheap-feeling plastic would drive me nuts.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
So I spent some quality time with a Cross Country at the DC bike show.

It's a nice bike with a couple of massive caveats. The looks are subjective, so I won't get into that. The crash bar, which looks ridiculous in photographs, is much less jarring in person. What is jarring is the ungodly long handlebars. No foolin', they've gotta be a foot long in the pullback. That was really off-putting.

Pulling it up off the stand, I was shocked at how well balanced it was. It feels a ton lighter than my Limited. The view over the fairing is decent (other than the bars), and the feel is good. With feet up on the boards, the position is natural and comfortable.

But.....

Although the feel is light, it's also cheap. Everything you touch is plastic, and it feels like plastic. Cheap, fragile plastic.

The bags are the worst offenders. They're huge from the outside, but the inside is a rectangular storage compartment that doesn't mimic the bag contours at all. The opening mechanism is nice and simple, but it feels like it'd break if you pushed on it too hard. And really, I could see worrying about pushing too hard on just about everything on the bike while I was washing it.

It's a nice bike. I like the look. I like the weight. But I think I'd be happier with an extra 50 pounds and some more solid-feeling hardware. I think I could get used to the goofy bars (for the record, I hate apes), but the cheap-feeling plastic would drive me nuts.
I still want to ride one.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Cool

On the Corss Roads you really see those bar...!

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 01-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfengler View Post
On the Corss Roads you really see those bar...!

Have you rode one?

Ich bin Sven Hoek.