Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:41 AM
NaturalSelection lobbyist

Last Cigar Smoked: some cheap, dried out Cuban brand
Gummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sock
Brukus Motorcycle Products "Saddlebag Secure"

Sometimes a solution to a problem presents itself before you are even aware the problem exists in the first place. Such is the case with the “Saddlebag Secure” system I installed on my Road Glide yesterday. Up until now I had been motoring along blissfully unaware that the OEM mounting system for Harley FL series saddlebags are not the best design when it comes to matters of theft and security. I figured that with the saddlebag lids closed and locked, all my belongings and valuables inside were safe from prying eyes and light fingers. Well... I was wrong. The literature that came with the kit claimed that once installed, there would be “No more concern your saddlebags will be popped off with a screwdriver”. Say what?! I had never heard of this issue before, so I wandered out to the garage and grabbed a screwdriver to see how it could be even remotely possible that a closed and locked saddlebag could simply be “popped off” the bike. And less than a minute later I had made a startling discovery... it is in fact very easy to do just that. And suddenly I realised why Brukus had developed this product – the solution to a problem I had no idea existed until now.

Installation was very easy and quick, even the most mechanically disinclined person should have few problems following the simple instructions. First step is to remove the OEM quick release “twist pins” from the inside of the saddlebag and then remove the saddlebag itself...

Then the OEM spring retainer clips are removed...

And the Brukus threaded inserts installed in their place...

Then it’s simply a matter of installing the tamper-proof screws with the special tool included in the kit and presto – the saddlebags are now theft proof...

The only downside I can see to this system is that the saddlebags can no longer be quickly removed when it’s time to check the rear tire pressure or when washing the bike – but the trade off is that nobody can bugger off with them when you’re not looking, so I’ll happily take security over convenience. And besides, with the special tool it takes less than a minute to remove the screws, so there really isn’t that much loss of convenience, anyway. If you own any year of Harley FL series touring bike, you really should think about getting this kit for your saddlebags. They make a locking version for the Road King Custom style of saddlebags, too. Check them out at: http://www.brukus.com

Arrrrrrrr, eh?!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Great info, thanks.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:32 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You can buy that "tamper-proof-special-tool" at any Sears, Kmart, eBay, traveling tool sale or hardware store in North America.

Just in case you lose yours.

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 AM
Keeper - Awful Secret

rangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milkrangerider stays crunchy even in milk
Thanks for the pics and report!

Jay
Old 05-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Good information, thanks!!

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-31-2010, 07:55 AM

Gummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sockGummiente doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
You can buy that "tamper-proof-special-tool" at any Sears, Kmart, eBay, traveling tool sale or hardware store in North America.

Just in case you lose yours.

Not everyone knows what a "Tamper-Proof Torx fastener" is or what the tool used to install/remove them looks like, so I just repeated what was printed in the instructions.

Arrrrrrrr, eh?!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well now they know.

But they'd still have to defeat your saddlebag lid lock.

Quote:
Kudos!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
But they'd still have to defeat your saddlebag lid lock.

A lot easier to do than you might think.

Arrrrrrrr, eh?!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

My saddlebags don't even have locks.

And I leave my helmet and jacket on the bike, in the open.

Nobody dares fukc with the big bad biker's shit.

Quote:
Kudos!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
My saddlebags don't even have locks.

And I leave my helmet and jacket on the bike, in the open.

Nobody dares fukc with the big bad biker's shit.

I'm gonna park beside you from now on.

Arrrrrrrr, eh?!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've had these on for about 2 months or so. I like 'em, except when I have to adjust the shocks or otherwise get the bags off. I figure it's a small trade-off.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I never heard of them but i think its cool,

((my next bike wont need them))

®