Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
What you lookin' at!?!?!?

Jeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJeffytune is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Oregon
Off 820 in Portland between Oregon City and Portland, OR 43

Where prey tell is 820?

Oregon's Hwy 43 comes off Powell Blvd which is US26 just before the Ross Island Bridge, runs along the Willamette River through Portland to Lake Oswego then through West Lynn across the West Lynn Historic Bridge Over the Willamette falls to Oregon City ending at US hwy 99E.

Don't remember seeing a Hwy 820.

Offically Old enough to ride a Geezer-Glide.
(Geezer-glide is a registered trademark of Harley Davidson Tour bikes, Any reference to a member of the DooF Clena of other forum screen name is strictly accidental. The reference is that I ride a Harley Davdison Tour bike, not some old dude that there is not enough alcohol in the world to get me to ride.)

Doctor JT 43

Eastern side
Profesional Rockat Surgen

Old 03-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
Where prey tell is 820?

Oregon's Hwy 43 comes off Powell Blvd which is US26 just before the Ross Island Bridge, runs along the Willamette River through Portland to Lake Oswego then through West Lynn across the West Lynn Historic Bridge Over the Willamette falls to Oregon City ending at US hwy 99E.

Don't remember seeing a Hwy 820.
I was confused, I am a Doof, what can I say. 820 is in Dallas.
Should be off loop 205.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
New Mexico SR43 is about 2.5 miles of dirt road parrelling US550 south of Cuba, NM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NM SR43.jpg (99.4 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by phreak; 05-30-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Oops, phorgot the pitchur
Old 05-31-2007, 03:23 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Kentucky 43

KY 43

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Jams

Right Turn Diane and I stumbled upon this Larimer County road 43 and Colorado State Hwy 7 near Estes Park, Colorado.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Glen+Ha...i=map&ct=title

Map link is to Glen Haven, Colorado but expand it out and you will see 7 out of Estes Park.

RTD had her first 43 ride picture taken there.

Can't find a good graphic for the sign yet.....
Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Allegedly, FL SR-43 (actually US 301) is marked in the Palmetto area, but I can't say for sure.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FL SR-43.jpg (48.8 KB, 267 views)
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
8-Ball

Chief, we've been trying to nail down that Florida 43 for a while now... would appreciate any confirmation when and if you can get it.

Phreak... would like some elaboration on the New Mexico 43... can't figure out exactly where it is from the satellite view you put up. Gordito and I may try to make that one on the way to Eureka Springs next year.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Chief, we've been trying to nail down that Florida 43 for a while now... would appreciate any confirmation when and if you can get it.
My son, who we just moved to that area, is in the market for a Sportster. I'll make him go find it once he gets a bike.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
Montana

I think you have 1 too many arrows indicating MT-43, (the far left one) it starts at US-93 and goes to I-15, or vis versa.

...and about a mile of it goes through Idaho. I got to make it up there!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...17114&z=9&om=1

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfengler View Post
I think you have 1 too many arrows indicating MT-43, (the far left one) it starts at US-93 and goes to I-15, or vis versa.

...and about a mile of it goes through Idaho. I got to make it up there!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...17114&z=9&om=1
You are correct --- I was wasteful with my arrows.

Seems like there is a fire burning in the Big Hole area so you best plan fast before they let it get out of hand.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Helping with the B.S.

Ol Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Arizona..S.O.L.

Unless you count 143 near Phoenix.

Master of Contemplation
Old 07-16-2007, 10:05 PM
DOUBLE XL DOOF

THEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse usTHEBEAR has failed to amuse us
For anyone who cares, on the outskirts of Doofland, We have a R43 that is all of 5 miles long. Running from R4 to R63 in the Litchfield hills in north western CT. It is one of the most beautiful areas in our little state. It can be reached by R7 or R8, both accessible from I95.

Roger
Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Mike View Post
Arizona..S.O.L.

Unless you count 143 near Phoenix.
or
43rd
Peridot, AZ 85542
Old 07-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Kenney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Allegedly, FL SR-43 (actually US 301) is marked in the Palmetto area, but I can't say for sure.

I’m in St. Petersburg for the next two weeks and I will go over and check it out. My map shows that 301 is SR-43.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:45 AM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
I’m in St. Petersburg for the next two weeks and I will go over and check it out. My map shows that 301 is SR-43.
We'll expect a full report...