Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Softail Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 12:01 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I need a favor for K ren...

As y'all travel around and visit different dealers, if you see a FLSTN Softail Deluxe, in "White Gold Pearl / Black Pearl" ... or white and charcoal gray...

Could you get K ren a couple of pictures and post them here???

That's the bike she wants, and most likely the color, but she wants better pics to tell for sure.

Thanks!!!

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 01-18-2009, 12:08 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Hmmmm. I'll certainly look and take pictures if I see one. Problem is you just don't see very many Deluxes, at least down here. Personally, I think they're a great lookin softtail if not the best lookin one. Kind of a toss between the Heritage and the Deluxe, IMO. I like the way Scabby has his set up.

On the color combo,... isn't BillyB's new Ultra Classic those colors? I thought Phreak's was too.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
As y'all travel around and visit different dealers, if you see a FLSTN Softail Deluxe, in "White Gold Pearl / Black Pearl" ... or white and charcoal gray...

That's the bike she wants, and most likely the color, but she wants better pics to tell for sure.

Thanks!!!

New or used?

I think they have one at HD of North Texas. I can check tomorrow.

Curt

Old 01-18-2009, 12:30 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We're buying new.

But pics of used would be fine... to help her make up her mind.
She's seen the color, and the color combo on an Ultra.

She wants to see it on the Deluxe.

She's a girl, sometimes I don't understand.

Everybody's got an excuse why they don't have many on the showroom floor.
I had one salesman tell me they don't sell, so they don't order them.
I had another salesman tell me they sold so well, they couldn't keep them on the floor.
They both worked at the same dealer, and gave me those bits of info 10 minutes apart.

I thought the MOCO just sent bikes, and the dealer really didn't have control over what they got?

Quote:
Kudos!

Old 01-18-2009, 12:36 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
We're buying new.

But pics of used would be fine... to help her make up her mind.
She's seen the color, and the color combo on an Ultra.

She wants to see it on the Deluxe.

She's a girl, sometimes I don't understand.

Everybody's got an excuse why they don't have many on the showroom floor.
I had one salesman tell me they don't sell, so they don't order them.
I had another salesman tell me they sold so well, they couldn't keep them on the floor.
They both worked at the same dealer, and gave me those bits of info 10 minutes apart.

I thought the MOCO just sent bikes, and the dealer really didn't have control over what they got?

They do have some control over what they get. I know when I ordered my Road King Classic 5 years ago, they were able to go in and change colors and options on an existing Road King they already had ordered. They said they were able to special order them too. Maybe different now, I dunno. I don't remember if I've ever seen a Deluxe in a dealership .

Old 01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
HD of North Texas has a black '09 on their website. Not sure why they have an '09 on the used bike page.
http://www.hdnorthtexas.com/new_vehi...65&pov=1031141

Curt

Old 01-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Can't remeber visiting a dealer within 50 miles of me in the last few years that didn't have at least one (and often, more) on the floor.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Black Wolf HD in Bristol has 2. Red Hot Sunglo and a White Gold Pearl / Pewter Pearl.

Scabby... could you email a couple pics of yours??

Please?

chipkaren(at)hughes.net
Quote:
Kudos!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Hmmmm. I'll certainly look and take pictures if I see one. Problem is you just don't see very many Deluxes, at least down here. Personally, I think they're a great lookin softtail if not the best lookin one. Kind of a toss between the Heritage and the Deluxe, IMO. I like the way Scabby has his set up.

On the color combo,... isn't BillyB's new Ultra Classic those colors? I thought Phreak's was too.
Yep, that's the color combo on mine and Phreak's Ultras

On the color search - I'm pretty sure that the dealer has the option to change the color of a bike in their allocation if it is more than 30 days to the ship date. All they have to do is go into HDNet and make the request.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Black Wolf HD in Bristol has White Gold Pearl / Pewter Pearl.
I like that color

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
On the color search - I'm pretty sure that the dealer has the option to change the color of a bike in their allocation if it is more than 30 days to the ship date. All they have to do is go into HDNet and make the request.
Yep...they can change, as long as it's beyond the deadline...once it goes into the build system, they can't...

they also get sent bikes, especially Sportsters...they have to keep a certain percentage of their inventory Sportsters...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 01-18-2009, 01:26 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkvator View Post
I like that color
Its a classy color combo, IMO. An older fella at work just bought an Ultra in that pearl white & pewter combo. He's right pleased with it. Its very stunning in the bright sunlight.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:39 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
that was the color I was going to get on the ultra till I saw the black ice, I think it is awesome, but I can tell you from what I saw as far as colors, you really want to see them in person, I thought I would like the turq./white combo, and I really didn't like it except on a rkclassic, I actually took a 3hr ride so I could see the bikes in the color because they didn't have them locally, and believe me pics don't do the colors justice. The first 09 ultra I saw was the gold/pewter, and it made my mouth water.........
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-18-2009, 01:47 PM
El Errante

I certainly agree with seeing them in person. Different lighting also will bring out the different effects in this pearl paint. Really nice things they are doing with paints these days.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:02 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:

The guy who lives just a couple doors down from us has one. I LOVE his bike! Don't know if N00dles has pictures of it or can get them, but he'll be home sometime tomorrow, I think, so I'll ask.

BTW, Chip, how far are you from Black Wolf Harley?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:00 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
.....how far are you from Black Wolf Harley?
I'd say an hour and 45ish...
Close to 80 miles...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,1.042328&z=10
Quote:
Kudos!