Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It's Vegas baby!

So I've been going out to Vegas typically twice a year for work related meetings, conferences, customers, etc. Each time I've SWORN I was going to rent and go ride through some of the scenery. I'm happy to say I finally made it happen. The only problem was I did it at the end of July when it's not very cool out.

I flew in Monday morning and was on 2 wheels by lunch time. I finally got to test out a Road Glide. I've drooled over them for a while now but have never ridden one. I got a nice 2012 Road Glide Ultra. If it had a riders back rest and highway pegs I wouldn't have brought it back.

Pluses over my 05 Road King:
- The suspension is Cadillac soft and cushy. I WANT!
- The front brakes are touchy compared to mine and, after getting used to, are impressive.

I didn't go "WOW" over the new frame like some people claim to, but I did do a lot of "WOW'ing" over how nice the suspension felt. I either need new shocks or a new bike.

Handling was a breeze and I had absolutely no adjustment necessary to get used to the fixed fairing. It felt natural from the first turn I made in the LVHD parking lot.

I had the bike for only 24 hours, and had dinner meetings with customers Monday night. My only time to ride was from lunch time until 6:30pm on Monday. Then I had enough time to ride to breakfast before having to turn the bike back in before my lunch meeting on Tuesday. 180 miles is all I was able to get in during the 112^ heat of the day, but I made the most of it. I did the Valley of Fire during the day and hit Red Rocks Canyon in afternoon. Heads up on the Valley of Fire. There is a toll to get in, and unless you turn around and go BACK OUT the way you came in, there's another toll to exit through Lake Mead Rec Area. Also, the speed limit is ONLY 35 mph. Which for somebody like Dan, would be near impossible to do especially with all of the hills and turns. I did get busted by the park police for cresting a hill at 60 MPH, but for some reason the officer had kindness for me and let me off with a warning.

Attached are some pics and HERE is a windy video at dusk through the Red Rocks.

I wish I had more time and miles from this trip, but work got in the way.

More pics HERE along with some "work" related stuff that happened throughout the week.

oh and thumbs up to LVHD on the rental. I was in and out the door in less than 20 minutes since I had a reservation.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Great ride report. Looks like you had a reasonably good time.

Curt

Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like a good time. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
have fun and be safe
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk