Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Foreign
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Foreign Japanese, Russian... hey, you asked...

Old 07-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Double-D
Lone Doof

Last Cigar Smoked: Griffin
RoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milkRoadWolf stays crunchy even in milk
Can't wait to see the project unfold!

I have a treasured old photo of my dad from the 50's in Izmir, Turkey on an old Triumph.
Would love to have one someday...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Old 07-02-2013, 06:15 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, is it done yet?

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:06 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
.... and here it is, over a year later. Any updates yet?

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 08-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It still shifts on the right?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
.... and here it is, over a year later. Any updates yet?
Well now that you ask.............. some. Fitted an entire front end, pulled the FUGLY front disk brake setup and went with the "old school" look of a conical brake. New rear drum, rims, spokes, tires, yada yada yada. This past March we hit a pretty deep financial pot hole and are just starting to climb out. So, hopefully in the next month or so I can get back to putting this thing on the road. On a side note, my son expressed an interest in making it a father/son project. He's got an interest in using it from time to time in his daily commute. Keep the popcorn warm, I'll post pics as we go along. In the mean time, here's a couple of the new front end installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
It still shifts on the right?
Yep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0096.jpg (75.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0097.jpg (64.5 KB, 37 views)

Meng

TKWSV

Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Well now that you ask.............. some. Fitted an entire front end, pulled the FUGLY front disk brake setup and went with the "old school" look of a conical brake. New rear drum, rims, spokes, tires, yada yada yada. This past March we hit a pretty deep financial pot hole and are just starting to climb out. So, hopefully in the next month or so I can get back to putting this thing on the road. On a side note, my son expressed an interest in making it a father/son project. He's got an interest in using it from time to time in his daily commute. Keep the popcorn warm, I'll post pics as we go along. In the mean time, here's a couple of the new front end installed.

Yep.
A word of advice-
That brake was effective back in, oh, say 1964. I know the disc setup was fugly (they always were) however, http://www.britishonly.com/ or http://www.britcycle.com/ and also, http://www.jobcycle.com/ are some great places to start. I would recommend that you do a bit of homework, and find a retrofit disc brake setup that will work on your front end, and use it, as if that motor is properly rebuilt, and sorted, IE: Mikuni carbs (the stock Amals were junk) a Boyer-Bransden electronic ignition, decent cams, etc, it will just flat haul ass, and I have always been a BIG fan of the "Stop fast, handle good BEFORE one attempts to go fast" philosophy of scooter building.
I ran a dual disc Hondawg CB750 front end for years, and it worked great, and there are a BUNCH of older asian bikes out there that had pretty good front ends and brake systems, that can easily be adapted to that bike.

There is a book by Stan Shenton, called "Triumph Speed Tuning" that can be an invaluable source of period correct upgrades, and all the info in it is still useful for your model, up to and including chassis, brakes and motor upgrades.
The sources I listed will help you to find the correct and high quality parts for upgrades and restoration, and talking to their tech people can guide you in the right direction to build a safe, solid, and most of all, ride-able bike that you can minimize maintenance and upkeep, and enjoy.
PM me if you'd like more info, of just want to ask some general questions.

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM
Old 08-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
'Preciate all the links! Sage advice too. I am well aware of the limitations of that front brake, when I went that way I was going more for a look. Initially the bike was going to be a "Thursday night bike night" special, not a daily driver. If my son starts riding it, he'll be aware of it's limitations. Putting all these links you sent in my Trumpet folder now! Thanks again..

Meng

TKWSV