Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Indian
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Keeper has failed to amuse us
Wow! Thanks Guy's

This is great. A place to park at last.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:19 PM
GrayRider

That yours?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
That yours?
Yes sir. And I'm almost done with my winters work.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle View Post
Yes sir. And I'm almost done with my winters work.
Very nice...particularlly the color.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Very nice...particularlly the color.
Yeah.....red and black have always been favorites.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Very nice Angle, very nice.

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I think gray is partial to crimson and scarlet!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 02-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Hey Angle, how about posting some of the particulars about the scoot.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-12-2007, 05:52 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Hey Angle, how about posting some of the particulars about the scoot.
Not much to tell.....its an 02 Scout Deluxe, an offer I could'nt refuse that basically fell into my hands. I am the second owner. The original owner was a slob and didnt know how to take care of A BIKE AT ALL.

I've always had great results from anything S&S has put out and their strokers are no different. This has an 88" stroker, 85h/89t, motor. At last check it weighed about 550lbs., its a little bit lighter now, but not to much.
I never did like the stock look from the factory. The picture in this thread is a work in progress pic. My sons and I had it completely apart this winter down to the frame.
With one son a certified mechanic in a great shop ( and an artist) , another son is a welder, and a son in a well equipped High School metal shop, and the shop outside,.... we make many parts needed by hand. We improvise alot and the results are great. What an oppurtunity it is to watch these kids at work.
As a teen, I grew up during the Rat Fink era (60's) and that influenced me to no end. Fast bikes and fast cars.........

Last edited by Keeper; 03-28-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: m
Old 02-12-2007, 06:15 AM
twinV

Nice bike Angle, sweeet.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:02 PM
2006FLSTNI

That is one BEAUTIFUL INDIAN -- I always loved Indians to bad they cant seem to stay in business -- I really hope they actually make it this time around -- I have often concidered owning a NEW INDIAN some day

Again Awesome Scoot Angle -- Ride it with Pride

Peace
Dan

Last edited by 2006FLSTNI; 02-18-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

new pic added to #1
Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 PM
pops

curious, did it come with the dry belt primary and you went to a chain ? or did indian change from the belt to a chain,,, a buddies broke on a rode trip with me one time, at the time i had no idea they were running the belt, took me a few minutes to figure out what happened
Old 02-23-2007, 12:36 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

genoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sock
Mighty fine looking bike there Angle.

Nice of the dOOfs to give you this big garage to park it in, but it seems to prefer living rooms.

What all did you do for your winter work?

Old 02-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

info

Good Morning guys,
This Scout has always had a wet clutch and chain. Never had a primary belt, just chain. We've toyed with the idea of converting to dry/belt, but could'nt justify the expense. This is too new still. It was rarely ever ridden.

Winters work.....FTF! I began with stripping the bike down and discovering how Indian did things. First off, it is my believe, that they used the BEST of everything with no short corners taken. We wanted to do this on our own w/o buying everything.

The motor was left alone. Its a very light bike and has plenty of power for me.
The kids and I wud Pow Wow and throw around our ideas. We changed the location of the tanks a bit to start.
We then lowered the rear fender 1.5" by re-drilling the struts. Did'nt want to use the shock kit.
Welded up the front and rear seat brackets for the solo. The brackets for the HD FX/FL ST mounts were to high up and ugly, so we saved $ and made them.
This began to give me the look I was after.
We needed to add some copper to take it to the next step. WE looked into McMaster-Carr for our metal needs. Bought some tempered solid copper which we used for the shift rod. Used copper tubing for the gas overflow and Oil pressure line.. Picked up copper braid oil line from Namzccp. Had the head breather tube copper plated and built an EBOC canister from a brass fire extinguisher and an old left over eboc for the top and bottom end breathing system.

The handlebars took awhile to decide on. I'm to big for short bars and have always needed apes. Found these out in California. There 1.25" bars. I picked up an extended wiring harness on ebay and we rewired them.

Found the headlight and had it powdercoated. I felt the stock teardrop h/l was to big for the frontend. Indian shud have gone with the full wideglide but didnt. Its almost 1" narrower....not a narrow glide, and not quite a wide glide.
I cut up an old (cheap) leather jacket and made the grip covers as well as covers for all the pegs.
I took the dash panel off cause it was to big. One of my sons made a plain jane flat tank panel from aluminum, formed it to an old set of FB's and I covered it with a piece of the leather.
Took off all the billet and put them on the wheel to get them right. Went with a Barnett clutch. Also went with a heavier fork oil and a longer front brake line.
Used Klasse (2x) on all the paint. The only things left are adding/bleeding the brake fluid to the front and hook up the battery.
ALL , in my living room........I keep it nice and clean..........once and awhile.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-15-2007 at 06:24 PM.