Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Looks great!!

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Woody218

That REALLY looks nice! You guys did an excellent job.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
8-Ball

Warren... it's.. it's almost a Road King!

Looks fantastic!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
My 'ol dog JACK in Heaven

Chromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChromer is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Finished it up today except for painting the left side. I'll do that tonight.

vafatboy...I admire your ability to due custom work and the Custom bags really do look good on the scooter..The color ROCKS!!(now..go out there and get some dual exhausts!!)

As a matter of fact...Road Kings DO ROCK!!

"Betty" the '06 Road King. Our 10 Year Anniversary and 44,600 miles together...

(Initiation ride '07) (CO '07) "Chromer"...Welder of Chrome pipes, Stainless Steel pipes and other Alloy and Carbon steel stuff......
Old 05-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Warren... it's.. it's almost a Road King!

Looks fantastic!
Doh........
Old 05-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Warren, it looks sweeter than I invisioned when you told me what you were going to do.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 PM

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
I had to do something, not having a red bag and all. I had them on before and really miss being able to carry stuff.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
I had to do something, not having a red bag and all. I had them on before and really miss being able to carry stuff.
This is my reasoning for deciding to put them on my bike too......but I want to be able to take them off at will so I can go the "naked" look that I bought the Fatboy for. I figured I got my bags cheaper than the pea pod bags that the moco sells for the Fatboys anyway.....

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
This is my reasoning for deciding to put them on my bike too......but I want to be able to take them off at will so I can go the "naked" look that I bought the Fatboy for. I figured I got my bags cheaper than the pea pod bags that the moco sells for the Fatboys anyway.....
I've got this set up to remove the bags for cleaning by removing two nuts for each bag. To remove the brackets, remove three nuts each side. About 6-8 minutes max to remove the whole setup.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
I've got this set up to remove the bags for cleaning by removing two nuts for each bag. To remove the brackets, remove three nuts each side. About 6-8 minutes max to remove the whole setup.
Flippin Sweet!

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:24 AM
along came Blondie......

new brackets are in. New rear turn signals are in, bags have been here for a while. Now I have to find some time to put them on this weekend!

Will take pics once I am done....

Old 06-04-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
new brackets are in. New rear turn signals are in, bags have been here for a while. Now I have to find some time to put them on this weekend!

Will take pics once I am done....
Pics..man we want pics..weekend is over...
Old 06-05-2007, 12:29 AM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Pics..man we want pics..weekend is over...
Yeah, I know. I have been busy remodeling a room in my house all weekend. When we were done in the evenings, I didn't feel like doin shiznit. Will try and get them on tomorrow afternoon while my mud dries.......

Old 06-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Baalz

Not to knock all your hard work Warren. But I really like the color of your bike and to me the black bags detract from it some. But I'm sure it looks better in person then in photos. You do great work and your bike is awesome regardless of what I think.

I think they distract from the nostalgic look.
Hmm I wonder what those bags that evil twin has would look like? Then again what do I know? I didn't like your bike's color and now I love it.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Not to knock all your hard work Warren. But I really like the color of your bike and to me the black bags detract from it some. But I'm sure it looks better in person then in photos. You do great work and your bike is awesome regardless of what I think.

I think they distract from the nostalgic look.
Hmm I wonder what those bags that evil twin has would look like? Then again what do I know? I didn't like your bike's color and now I love it.
My first thought was to find some old FL fiberglass bags and have them painted. If I find the right deal, that still might happen. I'm a cheap bastage with no $$.

For me having bags is a functional need, not looks. I got to have them. It's nice to have a change of clothes, jacket, extra chit for the unexpected rain weather etc. Had them on before and missed having them. Another good thing is that the OL can have her "travel kit" and I don't have to worry about where/how I'm going to carry her stuff.

Thought about the bubble bags like ET, but $$$ again. I got the bags that I have for $200. I also like this look. Noticed it in the middle of doing these brackets when we were riding with Doug. Damn-it.