Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Specialty
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specialty Choppers, Customs, Rats, etc.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
What y'all think of these bars?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:49 AM
GrayRider

Kinda looks like a chopped Super Glide fender to me. I like apes on something like you're building rather than drag bars.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Du,

Looking good. Keep it up.

About that fender, it looks like a regular Sporty fender, just chopped off where the other skirt I was tellin ya that may have been removed from mine starts to terminate.

Could be a FX rear fender though too, they both look similar chopped like that. (59-78 sporty and 73-85 FX)

Sporty:

FX:

I think they'd both look about the same chopped like the bike in your picture, but I think the FX fender looks a little better.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell View Post
Du,

Looking good. Keep it up.

About that fender, it looks like a regular Sporty fender, just chopped off where the other skirt I was tellin ya that may have been removed from mine starts to terminate.

Could be a FX rear fender though too, they both look similar chopped like that. (59-78 sporty and 73-85 FX)

Sporty:

FX:

I think they'd both look about the same chopped like the bike in your picture, but I think the FX fender looks a little better.

What do you like better about the FX? Also, I've seen some recent Sprtys with a big cutout where the light goes. Might the one in my pic be one of those, and that's where it got cut?

Gray:

Apes bring in the whole cable issue and I'm trying to stay on the cheap for this... plus apes honk up my shoulders when I ride. I hate the factory bars on my Heritage, that's why I went to buckhorns.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
GrayRider

Z-Bars?
Old 01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Du, the FX fender looks to be stamped, while the Sporty fender has some of the rivets that hold it together visible. It's just a little cleaner looking fender, that's all.

Both fenders will need to be cut where the light was, as both have that cutout for the tailight. It's not so much a cutout, as a bunch of mounting holes for bolts. But, yes, that's where it would be cut.

Here's what the holes look like behind the tailight:

Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 PM
nhrafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhast View Post
What y'all think of these bars?

They look upside down.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:09 PM
GrayRider

Jim, I've been a member here for several years. Lot of builders there. Might be useful for ideas.

One of the few sites that I've never seen phreak on.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Same as it ever was.

This one shows the hole I'm talking about....

Old 01-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Same as it ever was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Z-Bars?
I've thought about them. Also T bars if I could find some that fit the mount holes...

Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Same as it ever was.

I think I figured out what I'm doing with the electronics.

I'll use 4" ABS pipe, just black sewer line cut to around 3-4 inches. Ends will be the black rubber slip on caps that have a hose clamp on them. I'll cut a rectangle of .093 fiberglass circuit board mat'l...I make circuit boards and am swimming in the stuff. This will be a fitted piece to slip in with just a little resistance. The electronics will be mounted to this panel. Wire harness will be able to be routed thru a cutout...the panel will be sort of "U" shaped. The wire harnesses will enter thru holes cut in the rubber end caps. The holes will be filled with silicone sealer. The tube will be clamped to small angle brackets with hose clamps.

LOL....this "invention" process is funny. I have no personal history at all of being creative like this. As I was writing the above, I visualized another way to get the harness into the tube....a "U" notch in the edge of the tube. That way the end cap doesn't need to be cut, harness still sealed with silicone.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Looks like a fun project that'll turn out pretty cool. Amazing what ya can do with a rattle can too.