Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Specialty
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specialty Choppers, Customs, Rats, etc.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I think I figured out....

....how to mount my electronics.

OK, here's some very rough mock-up pix.

First, here's an end cap with the rectifier in place. It will be mounted to a round plate of the same fiberglass substrate you see below, except there will be no copper on it. With all components, wires will enter the tube thru a slot that extends slightly past the end of the cap and the hole will be filled with black silicone.

This is how the fusebox, flasher(?) and starter relay will be mounted. The relay is not shown and will be on the far side. All will be mounted with zip ties thru mount holes drilled in the plate. The plate will be notched on 4 sides to allow wire to cross sides as necessary. Again, no copper on the plate.

This is how the plate will fit in the tube. It will be a slight interference fit. I don't know about heat, so it may have vent holes with brass fittings for a breather filter.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rectifier.jpg (90.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg plate.jpg (76.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg tube.jpg (70.9 KB, 37 views)

Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Looks like a plan!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Yeah....only took me 5 days to come up with it.....

I am not an engineer or inventor. These things don't come easy to me.

The process seems to be:

1. Stare at the subject for extended periods of time.

2. Have some early, preliminary ideas that are found to be no good almost immediately.

3. Come up with nothing for a period of time, yet the problem is constantly simmering on my mind's back burner.

4. Have an epiphany.

5. Go through a period of evolution of the epiphanic idea.

6. Realize that "Hey! That'll work!"

This takes around 1-2 weeks per problem.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
We're sailin on the same sea, Du.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhast View Post
Yeah....only took me 5 days to come up with it.....

I am not an engineer or inventor. These things don't come easy to me.

The process seems to be:

1. Stare at the subject for extended periods of time.

2. Have some early, preliminary ideas that are found to be no good almost immediately.

3. Come up with nothing for a period of time, yet the problem is constantly simmering on my mind's back burner.

4. Have an epiphany.

5. Go through a period of evolution of the epiphanic idea.

6. Realize that "Hey! That'll work!"

This takes around 1-2 weeks per problem.

So I guess at this rate my grandkids will get to see your great grandkid start it up and ride it?

just askin

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
and yes that was a shot at your age.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Same as it ever was.

Fortunately, there's not too many 'problems' that I've discovered yet with this project.