Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-27-2016, 06:17 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Next up!

Right side drive!

Sent from mobile device prone to spelling errors

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-27-2016, 09:32 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A spare chain takes up less room in the tour pak than a belt

Just sayin'

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 09-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Master links!! Even better!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I still have my King Dick chain rivet extractor.
There's something in a name...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like a bumper sticker...

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 09-28-2016, 03:17 PM
Harry The M

Last Cigar Smoked: Spare Tire
Harry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Horsepower= M O N E Y Followed by Breakage.. Fun priceless don't leave home without AMX.......

Old 09-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 09-29-2016, 08:13 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Oooh, shiny...

Kimber

Old 09-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
...Right side drive!
Mine came that way.

Sent from my space age communicator.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 09-30-2016, 10:31 AM
Harry The M

Last Cigar Smoked: Spare Tire
Harry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarry The M is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Very nice with a chain set up ... Ever seen a drag Bike with a BELT.....

Old 09-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Bone Picker

eighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steakeighty80 probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry The M View Post
Very nice with a chain set up ... Ever seen a drag Bike with a BELT.....
Yup.....
Old 10-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

More detail later, but the gist is this:
I've concluded that this swing arm is built wrong. Of course, we have no idea what they consider the tolerance to be, but clearly, this one is 'close enough' for the vast majority of riders. It's effect on belt life is nill unless it just happens to end up in the hands of someone who pushes it.
The swing arm has the axle positioned 1/4 to the left of where it should be. Installing chain, chain don't give a chit.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
I've Lost My Humor With This Really Fun Part

I always learn something from you. I just hope I don't learn that there's another weak link in the system that the chain reveals. I can't wait to try to keep up with you again. Try being the operative word here.

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015

Last edited by BigTOE; 10-02-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I've Lost My Humor With This Really Fun Part

I got some time to ride it Sunday just before having to head to the far North on a business trip.
It seems like the bike gained ten horsepower! Not that any factual change occurred, but the difference is that now I'm liberated to actually use its available power without fear of the stupid belt snapping again.
It is *very* fun to hit it hard and speed shift with out all the worry. Rather than running it to redline granny-shifting, which is what I've had to do since the ES install.
It's even possible to dump the clutch from a stop without breaking it, but it will stand straight up! I remain not a fan of using the clutch that way, but it's good to know that it can handle it.
It is a huge burden lifted from my riding and enjoyment is greatly improved.
The known weak links next up the line are second and third gears and beyond that, the crank.
I don't plan to explore that area of operation.
I actually am NOT trying break the bike, I'm trying to enjoy it, the way I sometimes like to ride.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 10-04-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Very nice!

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...